Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Killing Deer From Airboats

Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Killing Deer From Airboats

Anyone else do this?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Default RE: Killing Deer From Airboats

another one 16x8 AiRRanger Airboat

Old 03-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

seems like that would be tough to do. here (Florida) to shoot from an airboat the engine must be off and the boat can not be moving in a forward motion. i can't imagine anyone sneaking up on anything in an airboat.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Airboatcapt2

I must be spoiled up here in the midwest! That thing looks like a small fawn!

The first thought to pop into mind was "how did a yearling get antlers that big?"

Seriously, that deer can't weigh 80 lbs even before it was gutted. Up here we call animals that size and color coyotes.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

for real that body is like a little dog. im 14 and i could problably drag it a mile all the way home with my pinky.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: djschuett

I must be spoiled up here in the midwest! That thing looks like a small fawn!

The first thought to pop into mind was "how did a yearling get antlers that big?"

Seriously, that deer can't weigh 80 lbs even before it was gutted. Up here we call animals that size and color coyotes.

Nice job there djschuett for ripping the guy on the size of his deer. Don't know if this was taken in Florida or not but if you think about it deer grow bigger in certain areas than others. Yes we may be spoiled in the midwest but I've seen shows on TV where they hunt in Texas and the deer bodies appear to be smaller but have fantastic racks. I'd be the first to admit if I wanted a deer for the freezer I would have shot it. How about cuttin our fellow hunters a little slack!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

He's no hunter, just look at that puny things. Now, if he had paid 2000 bucks to shoot a 12 point, 250 pound buck off of a timed feeder, then he would have something to brag about.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sjsfire
Nice job there djschuett for ripping the guy on the size of his deer. Don't know if this was taken in Florida or not but if you think about it deer grow bigger in certain areas than others. Yes we may be spoiled in the midwest but I've seen shows on TV where they hunt in Texas and the deer bodies appear to be smaller but have fantastic racks. I'd be the first to admit if I wanted a deer for the freezer I would have shot it. How about cuttin our fellow hunters a little slack!
God bless ya for stickin up for people sjs.

Looks like that boat was registered in TX. It does look like a 2 1/2 y/o deer by east texas (especially swampy far south east texas) standards... My guess is that they use the boats to get across teh bayous and marshes down near the coast.... same as usin a 4-wheeler or 4WD truck elsewhere, albeit a must louder version. Kinda like drive to the woods in a drag car... and just as fun...

Not to pick a fight LCC, but its no different than the same deer off a corn field(or sugar beets, Soy bean, etc etc) in OH. A feeder is nothing but a food source, albeit an artificial one.

If anything the problem lies with the guides and ranchers that do everything for the "client". On that I can definitely agree with you. Paying to go onto someone elses ranch where everything is done for you just takes the pride outta things... but just one more effect of our "Service based economy", and that brings up a different soapbox for a different day... Lets just say our country's popular society is completely based on the luxury of laziness...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

A trophy is a trophy...no matter the size of it
Old 03-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Anyone else do this?

Is that a Ranger Plane engine?

Quick Reply: Killing Deer From Airboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.