HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   NRA does do for hunters.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/182879-nra-does-do-hunters.html)

PABuck_HNTR 03-02-2007 08:15 AM

NRA does do for hunters....

For those who wanted to know what the NRA has done for hunters.

Here are some examples of why it's important for Hunters to support the NRA, because of what they do besides protecting our Second Amendment. All of the below examples can be seen in the March 2007 edition of American Hunter.

NRA Bylaws, Article II Section 5: To promote hunter safety, and to promote and defend hunting as a shooting sport and as a viable,and necessary method of fostering the propagation,conservation,and wise use of our renwable natural resources.

NRA Outreach:
Many NRA staff also hol seat on prohunting organizations.

Wayne Lapierre..National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
Randy Kozuch..Virginai Dept of game and Inland Fisheries
Susan Recce..Sporting Conservatio Council,U.S.Dept. of the Interior, AmericanWildlife Conservation Partners, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, and D.C.-based hunting and conservation ad hoc group
Bill Poole..Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
The NRA is a Coprorate member of the Professional Outdoor Media Assoc., Western Outdoor Writers and Southeast Press Assoc.

Examples of NRA-ILA advocacy for Hunters.

Passed Right -to- Hunt constitutional amendments
Passed dove hunting legislation and referenda
Passed bear hunting seasons in Maryland and New Jersey
Passed Sunday Hunmting in Ohio and other states
Passed Hunter Bill of Rights Passed No-Net-Loss legislation to protect public hunting lands.
Passed laws protecting hunting guns and ammo
Passed legislation to protect gun ranges in 46 states
Stopped mandatory licensing of duck huters as boat operators
Stopped Kerry bill that would have outlawed Remington 11-87 and other hunting shotguns.
Sponsored laws prohibiting hunter harassment in all 50 states.
Grant Funding:

Shooting Sports Camps....$327,778
FFA.....................................$390,945
Range Development...........$7,599,681
4-H Clubs............................$6,019,412
Boy Scouts of America......$3,186,955
NRA Youth Hunter Education Challenge...$892,230
Now Again for those non-believers... Who or What organization contributes more to Hunting than the NRA?

quiksilver 03-02-2007 08:36 AM

RE: NRA does do for hunters....

Shooting Sports Camps....$327,778
Last I checked, shooting sports camps promote recreational shooting sports, not hunting.

FFA.....................................$390,945
Smallbore recreational shooting competitions - again, not hunting.

Range Development...........$7,599,681
Gun ranges for shooting enthusiasts. I can't hunt at the gun range. Maybe you can, but I can't.

4-H Clubs............................$6,019,412
Nice for the agricultural kids - again - not hunting-related.

Boy Scouts of America......$3,186,955
Again, nice for the kids, maybe tangentially promoting conservation, but Boy Scouts aren't a hunting organization.

NRA Youth Hunter Education Challenge...$892,230
More veiled attempts to promote shooting sports and convince the standard outdoorsmen that the NRA cares about hunting. Cost/benefit campaign aimed at raising $$ and convincing guys like you that the NRA is a hunting rights group.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Failed again, Trykon. As much as you hate to admit it, you know that I'm right. The NRA is a second Amendment rights group. Nothing more, nothing less.

The mere fact that a few NRA officers serve a dual role on other boards that DO promote hunting/conservation proves my point. If the NRA was so great for hunters, those guys wouldn't have to serve in a dual capacity.

...and just so you know, the NRA, no matter how much they like to toot the horn, they never "passed" anything or "Stopped" anything. That's legislators making decisions based on voting demographics. Frankly, it bothers me that the NRA claims to have "passed" any laws - seriously, how stupid do they think we are?

I'm not saying that the NRA doesn't support gun rights, believe me, they do. You just keep trying to paint the zebra brown and call it a horse. Look at what they're doing - promoting SHOOTING. Shooting and Hunting are two very different things. Obviously, they're not mutually exclusive, but they're different. You just can't seem to get over that fact, Trykon.

It's this simple: If you want to support hunting, you joint a hunting/conservation lobby. If you want to support the second amendment, you join the NRA. If you're joining the NRA thinking that they're saving your deer season, you're sorely mistaken.

Let it die man. You're wrong, and you know it.

PABuck_HNTR 03-02-2007 09:51 AM

Failed again, Trykon. As much as you hate to admit it, you know that I'm right. The NRA is a second Amendment rights group. Nothing more, nothing less.

I suppose we are to believe you are smarter than all 4 million plus NRA members? Come On, I hope your arguments in court will be better than those on hunting net bashing posts on th NRA. It's obvious Fran that you have an agenda.

I see you removed your name from your profile.... Trying to hide the real person? Your the one who's failing at your repeated attempts to discredit the largest organization we have as both hunters and Second Amendment supporters.

Remember all one has to do to see the real you is look at your post history. Your exposed in your own words for all to see. Who's Failed?

quiksilver 03-02-2007 10:13 AM

What's the matter, Tryk - can't respond to my assertions, so you have to get personal? Nice.

Killer_Primate 03-02-2007 10:37 AM

Quik,
You're right about assertions, that is all you did, was make them. Does the NRA use scare tactics to get money - sure they do. Do they blow things our of proportion - sure they do. Do they help us keep our 2nd right - sure they do.
There are a lot of folks who live in this country that would love to see our rights go away. And by the way, the 2nd amendment wasn't talking about hunting, that was a given. Our forefathers would have fell over laughing if they heard that was going to be taken away. It is about the right to bare arms, so that the American people can fight its own Government if it becomes too powerful and stops representing the people of this fine country.
I don't support the NRL, at least not financially, but I guess I should. Their stuff gets thrown away with the rest of the sob story mail.

Just my opinion, but I'd say that hunting and recreational shooting go pretty much hand in hand, I mean that is why I shoot, you know recreationally, to practice for hunting.

PABuck_HNTR 03-02-2007 12:45 PM

What's the matter, Tryk - can't respond to my assertions, so you have to get personal? Nice.
You posted on my thread and called me out ...Remember?

Personnal? I said what everyone knows. It's not personal, sorry you took it as such. Maybe your a little thin skinned(personal) I don't know. Oh and nice PM. I see the fact that I stated about your putting things down for all to see made you think twice about your posts.Just like when you get frustrated youalways claim "personal attack" Its the same old playbook over and over.

You might think your the smartest person on this board, but your not. You have said on more than one occasion that people can't resond or keep up with you on your posts. Insinuating that your so smart and the rest of us are somehow beneath you and your superior intellect. That makes you arrogant and very foolish.

And by the way I'm not your Bro. And your PM is lacking any form of maturity whatsoever. You couldn't bother me in the least. And I have a hard on for noone. Don't flatter yourself.

quiksilver 03-02-2007 12:52 PM

NJ/PAbwhunter 03-02-2007 02:07 PM

Hey Trykonoisseur,

I think this from your post, is easily understood.

NRA Bylaws, Article II Section 5: To promote hunter safety, and to promote and defend hunting as a shooting sport and as a viable,and necessary method of fostering the propagation,conservation,and wise use of our renwable natural resources.

If this is not a good example of the NRA working for hunters as well as other gun owners... then somebody is missing the point.
Come on.... to promote & defend hunting.... how clear can you make it?
Good post man.
DW

quiksilver 03-02-2007 02:23 PM

Sure bro,just likeExxon says it's their mission to promote alternative sources of fuel and hybrid technology.

ipscshooter 03-02-2007 03:00 PM

quik; Why the apparent chip on your shoulder about NRA? I agree that they are first and foremost a 2nd Amendment/shooting organization, but you seem to think they do nothing at all for hunting/hunters. I think shooting/hunting are so closely related that whatever someone is doing to promote one is, at least peripherally, helping the other. Here's NRA's Hunter Services webpage:

http://www.nrahq.org/hunting/