Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer? >

What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

Old 03-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

About 20 years ago I attended a balchelor party for a buddy of mine. I drew the short straw so I couldn't drink for I was to be the driver to head out hunting the next day. Even though the boys shut it down early (for we were to be going hunting the next morning), I was still the babysitter for the group as well as getting everyone up at 3 am to leave for hunting. My 5 buddies got an extra 3 1/2 hours of sleep while I drove out to our hunting area. When we arrived it was -20 something so I decided to skip the morning hunt perferring to curl up in a sleeping bag at the back of the suburban. At about 10 am I had to leave my warm coccoon to take a wiz.(hate when that happens). As I was shaking the dew off the lilly a nice 4 by 4 mid sized buck walked out of the woods onto a path about 50 yards from the truck. I reached into the truck, unsheathed my gun with my mister still in my hand for I really had to go. The buck just stood there while I finnished my business and chambered a round. The buck did not take another step, he dropped right where he stood. I figured my buddies would come after hearing the shot so after seeing the buck go straight down I climbed back into my warm coccoon. 2 hours later when my buddies returned for lunch, they woke me and I told them this same story. Of course the comments of BS ensued for they were well over a couple of ridges and did not even hear the shot (distance plus wind direction). The bets were made and when it was all over I had a few more ducets in my pockets as well as one of my buddies having to dress the deer. It was the only deer taken that day. The shot wasn't long or difficult but it was the impressive due to the situation. There are powers that look after those that look after others. Only deer that I have ever harvested where all the work for it was not in the field.
From here on out known as the legend of "The Peter Buck" [X(]
Old 03-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Default RE: What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

I have nothing really impressive to brag about. My longest ML shot was only seventy yards. I nailed the deer in the heart using open sights and it never got up again.