HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Your Thoughts on High Fenced Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/182825-your-thoughts-high-fenced-hunting.html)

AnnaMarie 03-01-2007 08:13 PM

Your Thoughts on High Fenced Hunting

Here's a question that is so prevalent in Texas.....Do you agree with high-fenced hunting? I love to hear people's responses and reasoning, so lets hear it..........

PreacherTony 03-01-2007 08:17 PM

RE: Your Thoughts on High Fenced Hunting

popcorn anyone???

seller 03-01-2007 08:29 PM

I just got back from a trip to TX,,I drove from San antonio to Del Rio and there is nothing but hunting ranches all the way there. andnoticed lots of High fences,,,I also noticed alot places where the sell feeders,,,now if your land is fenced and u can just put a feeder and feed deer like cattle ,,doesnt that make it too easy????? I know that there are people that spend thousands of $$$ to hunt in these camps

the kidd 03-01-2007 08:33 PM

i disagree for several reasons
1 for people that have low fences and low acreage and some bozo comes and puts a high fence all around or on somesides that really messes up your hunting if you had lots of funnels and stuff there.that just pisses me off thats the same thing some rich people tried doin to us and he tried buying our land and he said he would just put a high fence all around then and well we had no choice but to say do whatever you wish and luckily he never did anything but sell his land.... why cant they all just be equal and have a fair chase....and it is somewhat like shooting a deer in a pen even though it maybe challenging you know that the buck has to be on tHAT LAND SIMPLY CUS HE HAS NO CHOICE...if it were up to me i would make a law sayin that you couldnt have the fence over 4-5ft but thats just my opinion on high fences in my area.. some of yalls opinion will probly be different but thats just my 2 cents

djschuett 03-01-2007 09:30 PM

High Fence Hunting fans vs purists round 297.....

Let's keep it above the waist boys and no rabbit punches!

skeeter 7MM 03-01-2007 09:33 PM

To each their own. The only experience I have with fence is game farms and we were just culling animals for the farmer...it wasn't hunting nor did we view it as such. With this in mind it isn't my idea of hunting because it isn't what I know in this regard.

I know a little to diplomatic but just like baiting or other debates it is one that that never really changes anything and is largely based on regional differences.

uncle matt 03-01-2007 09:35 PM

Have to agree with Skeeter.

High fence (and especially + feeder) = FARMER.

AnnaMarie 03-01-2007 09:51 PM

Excellent points. My family had 80 acres of free range in Texas for a few years (just sold it a few months ago). It was my favorite place to hunt because I never knew what I was going to see. I think that is the joy of free range.I even had 3 black buck visit my stand one hunt!

I have also hunted high-fenced before in Texas. When I do though, I like to use my bow.The older I get though, the more I prefer free-range. It is much more unpredictable.

timbercruiser 03-01-2007 09:57 PM

If I had 2000 acres ormore and the money I would definitely give it consideration to fence the area. I don't see any problem with a larger parcel of land being fenced and managed except in more open areas of the country. The smaller 100 or so acre pens I am against.

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER 03-01-2007 10:38 PM

I WOULDN'T HUNT IT, I DONT LIKE IT/ BUT IF ITS LEGAL SOMEONE ELSE WILL HUNT NOT ME THOUGH