Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Poor Taste!!!!!!  Gives hunters a bad rap!!! >

Poor Taste!!!!!! Gives hunters a bad rap!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poor Taste!!!!!! Gives hunters a bad rap!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Poor Taste!!!!!! Gives hunters a bad rap!!!

Check out this photo on this website http://www.awesomeantlers.com/showphoto.php?photo=12187&cpage=3
It kills me to see that someone would have the guts to post such a photo!
What do you as a member of this forum think?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:16 PM

Default RE: Poor Taste!!!!!! Gives hunters a bad rap!!!

only thing that bothers me is the collar.

the eye is just the light reflecting off the retina. same thing that gives you red eyes in your pictures.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

The collar is what I was getting at! In the thread the guy knew it was his neighbors, not so formal pet, the collar even read "Button", and it was blaze orange so that hunters knew not to shoot it. I am one of the most diehard whitetail hunters a person can meet, but I respect my neighbors enough not to shoot such an animal. How would you like someone to shoot your dog? The neighbor was attached to the animal enough to put a collar on it. Whether the neighbor was right or wrong for taming it, I think it was just extremely poor taste that someone shot it! The guys just lucky, he's not my neighbor!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:44 PM

i never even put 2 and 2 together. i just glanced and assumed that it was there for dragging purposes. yeah, that's pretty sorry...
Old 02-21-2007, 06:03 PM

I know of a fellow that was in a piece of woods not too far from a farmhouse. Maybe a quarter of a mile. He stuck a decent 8 pointer that took off twords the house. The deer ended up dying in a front yard ofthe house. He went up and knocked on the door and asked permission to recover the kill. When the house wife looked out and saw the deer she said, "Oh No. You killed Rudolph" Her family had been feeding that deer for a couple of years. My buddy felt awefull. They allowed him to take his deer, but he never hunted that piece of woods again.

I am sure it is obvious to all of us that these people did the deer no favor by demesticationg it.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

jaysweet, I'm not disputing the fact whether or not what the neighbor did was right or wrong. I agree fully, that domesticating any kind of wild animal is wrong. But, the fact is they did, and they took steps, so that any hunter seeing the animal would know that. To shoot it, is tasteless, low class and definately not sporting, due to the fact it had lost its fear of humans.
Your friend was caught in a totally different scenario, how was he to know that the eight-point buck had been domesticated, other than it ran to the only security blanket it knew of---- the farmers house, and died..

Old 02-21-2007, 08:49 PM

Thats horrible!!!!!!! While people shouldn't domesticate wild animals, idiots like that shouldn't shoot them knowing its their neighbors pet. I hate to see a defenseless animal like that killed. You can't argue he wasn't defenseless.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:18 PM

it might just be a joke
Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to see a defenseless animal like that killed. You can't argue he wasn't defenseless.
Oh come on now. They're all defenseless. The collar may have been put on before the pic just to stir some controversy. It's definately in poor taste. Don't forget though, people hunt for different reasons. Not everyone is out there trying to kill the biggest and smartest buck in the woods. It definately looks like a good eater........
Old 02-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree; the collar is what gets to me

Quick Reply: Poor Taste!!!!!! Gives hunters a bad rap!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.