Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

May be old news: Jim Zumbo

Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned

Default RE: May be old news: Jim Zumbo

I bet ole Jim is wishing he went with the story that someone got on his computer and posted that blog and not him. Deny...Deny...Deny. What anti assault weapons statements? Wasn't me.[:@]

The guy is now a poster child for the anti-assault gun cause. Outdoor Life and Remington Arms did the right thing. Being a hunter and a gun owner hehas beentaught, as we all have,to never put down another persons legal way of hunting. Bowhunters badmouthing gunhunters, bear spot and stalk hunters bashing the bear baiter or the dog bear hunter; traditional bowhunters bashing compound bowhunters. Traditional Muzzleloaders bashing theinline muzzleloaders. Bolt action rifle hunters bashing the semi- auto or AR user. The lists go on. We as hunters, are our own worst enemies, when it comes to laws being implemented and rights taken away. Hunting is the only viable way to maintain healthy animal pops. and it is also a billion dollar industry. Hunting is here to stay, but when a hunter makes a comment about a certain type of rifle, like a famous hunter like Jim Zumbodid, that right to own these AR's and semi-auto gunslegally, can be threatened immediately. The legislators take his comments to heart because he is a so called "expert" in the gun/hunting world.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: May be old news: Jim Zumbo

I would say its a pretty safe bet that he wont get on the computer sloshed again...lol.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Freedom of Speech

What a joke, all he did was express his opinion on a topic that any reasonable person would think should be open to debate. A lot of people havedied defending the right to free speech for this country.I'm an NRA member who regularly watches OLN. Guess what, I'm cancelling my OLN membership and my NRA membership. Hopethey figure out what this country is all about some day.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Banned

Default RE: Freedom of Speech

The list of organizations,sponsors, and products that have cut their ties with him is huge. The NRA and OLN are only two of the MANY that want nothing to do with him. You better just quit hunting and quitbuying all hunting products and magazines while you are it.To boycott the NRA and OLN is to boycott all of the hunting and gun rights industry IMO.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

You have a right to free speech, but that does not keep you immune to the consequences of said stupid statements
Old 02-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Haggisdog
What a joke, all he did was express his opinion on a topic that any reasonable person would think should be open to debate. A lot of people havedied defending the right to free speech for this country.I'm an NRA member who regularly watches OLN. Guess what, I'm cancelling my OLN membership and my NRA membership. Hopethey figure out what this country is all about some day.
The joke is thinking that the First Amendment, or anything else in our Constitution carries any weight WITHOUT the Second Amendment!
Everyone has a right an opinion but, I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect gun owners to support other gun owners either! The NRA is the best defender of our rights, bar-none!
If this is reason enough for you to drop the NRA, I doubt that you are a member to begin with!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good move Haqqisdog, now go back to Starbucks. Like you were ever a member ot the NRA. With the number of post and your attitude, I would guess you just may be one from the other side?[:-]
Old 02-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

For those who said it can't happen, guess again. This ordinance has just been APPROVED in COOK COUNTY, ILL. For those who don't know, this includes the CITY OF CHICAGO and millions in the surrounding burbs (including me)!
The way it is worded, it can include almost all semi auto shotguns and rifles! Handguns are already illegal in the city.
Christ, at this rate, I'm gonna have to move to Wisconsin!!!
http://www.isra.org/legislation/cook_county_awb.shtml

Old 02-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

What!!! They can't do that! The constitution says we can own firearms, now Chicago says you can't!

That's a pile of crap!!!!!

Man, I feel sorry for you, you can't own one! This country is turning into Leninist Russia!