Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

too many people around

Old 12-07-2002, 09:26 AM

Default too many people around

this is my first year of shotgun hunting on my farm and the neighboor is having a big drive today and i hunt in a stand by myself, i am worried that he will drive the deer the other way or that he will kill all the deer. there is a 1/2 mile between our timbers and all the deer are over there but they comeover to my place all the time and i just think that he will screw up my hunt this year, he has like 10 guys driveing, please tell how this might affect my hunt. thanks. NYH.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: too many people around

Wait on the edge of the timber on your side of the devide. You are sure to get something comeing off of their drive. Make sure you have orange on and watch your line of fire. By the way, welcome to the boards.

Rick
Old 12-07-2002, 01:39 PM

If you have enough patience and discipline to sit for a while, a neighbor doing a drive can be a blessing. Just go to the edge of the property and sit there. Nothing gets the deer moving like a drive...especially in the late part of the season when the deer have stopped moving.

PigDog
Old 12-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

There might be a few less deer around but it shouldn't bother your property .The property next to us is hunted very heavy and it doen't bother the deer on our side . They seem to feed on neighbors property at night and bed on mine during the day .There is really nothing you can do but wait and see ,Good Luck and hope it turns out well .
Old 12-07-2002, 03:20 PM

i heard lots of shots today. i think that buck that i have been seeing is dead for sure. hope they left me a doe or something! NYH
Old 12-07-2002, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

i watched 2 guys talking and the one guy pointed and looked like he said go there and made a circle with his hands showing the other guy where he was going(im almost positive...)and i think the guy pushed for him..the deer ran across a trail and i caught one and bagged me a big doe..im almost positive they came out of their drive...just sit your stand you cant kill a deer if you arent in the woods...or if you really think it is going to mess you up go elsewhere...i know i always have atleast 4 other stands to goto incase somthing makes me not wanna goto the main stand...