Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NRA needs your support

Old 02-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default NRA needs your support

New Jersey took a hit from the ANT-GUNNERS this past week.
If you did not hear about .... read below please. Even if this does not effect you in your state.... it may. You know how these liberal leaders feed off each other. Please read the following from the NRA.
DW
On February 8, by a vote of 6-0, the New Jersey Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee voted in favor of A-3511, the gun-rationing bill that would criminalize the purchase of more than one handgun per month by honest citizens.

The vote was preceded by a public hearing during which the Mayor of Jersey City and his police chief -- embarrassed by the recent defeat in court of their own local gun rationing ordinance - attacked multiple handgun sales as a cause of crime, even when those sales are made to law-abiding purchasers[/i].

Second Amendment leaders and activists from New Jersey decried the bill as misguided "feel-good" legislation that will fail to reduce crime because it only targets sales by licensed dealers to law-abiding citizens who have been carefully pre-screened by the State. Numerous other flaws in the bill were raised.

Now that A-3511 has been passed out of committee, it is positioned to make its way to the full Assembly. Based on statements made by several legislators, the bill is likely to be amended first.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NRA needs your support

That's somewhat crappy, but then again, who buys more than one pistol every month?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Spike

That isn't the question. The question is what right does anyone have for telling a non-criminal that he can not do so?
Old 02-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The NRA is a great organization that I was once a proud member of. I dropped my membership however. I got tired of the non stop solicitingfor more money. I would join again if it wasn't for that.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: venado

That isn't the question. The question is what right does anyone have for telling a non-criminal that he can not do so?
You hit the nail on the head. I have heard a lot of people deride the NRA for some of its policies and then complain when they think the NRAdoesn't get involved. Like the NRA said before "people will ask where was the NRA and the NRA will ask where were the people" if you are not a member of the NRA please join and if you don't like how something is being handled then take action to make a change.

If your not a member of the NRA and working to help stop this kind of anti-gun actionsthen get out of the way and be quite.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't count on the NRA for help unless there is a profit to be made.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

You have to read this:[/align]
Hi Yanks,
I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.
The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent!). In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns."
You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the state Assembly disseminating this information.
The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note Americans, before it's too late!
[/align]
Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Host of Hosts

I would join again if it wasn't for that.
Well then get signed up... All you have to do is call them and tell them to put you on the do not solicit list. Pretty simple Huh? I hear that same comment alot from past members. If the NRA didn't write to you and ask for monetary donations, where would they get the money from? Would you automatically think one day.... Oh, I think I should send the NRA 10.00 cause they do a great job with our Second Amendment and Hunting Heritage issues. Think about it!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

What KYbuckhunter said is the problem,dunn you to death,never back
off,a royal pain![:@]
Old 02-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

My boss says the same thing that the NRA is constantly calling and asking for money. Just tell them not to call and they won't...since I became a life member I don't get called at all. What I do get is about 3-5 mailings per month asking for me to send money and support one program or another. I don't always send in money (since I don't print my own yet) but once in a while I do send in a check to help keep thing in check. Join the NRA and work from withinto help effectchanges not from the sidelines shouting about how stupid you think things are.

Quick Reply: NRA needs your support

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.