Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Met a celebrity while hunting! >

Met a celebrity while hunting!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Met a celebrity while hunting!

Old 12-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Met a celebrity while hunting!

I was hunting in my ole stompin' grounds today and I was heading back to camp when an old white suburban w/ VT plates was coming the opposite direction. I didnt think anything of it so I pulled to the side to let him by as he came close to me a hand signaled to me to role down the window. I did and there I was, gawking at Lanny Benoit!!!! I was caught off guard and awestruck!! He asks, whats the quickest way to Errol? I stuttered like a little school boy! And told him. I also told him where each road took him and where I seen deer sign(He didnt ask, I was babbling) I then mustered up the courage to ask, Are you Lanny Benoit? With a smile he nods his head in approval. I wished him luck and went on my way. But man, I mustve looked like a complete idiot! There were 2 others with him, Lance was 1, but I couldnt see the other guy well. Pretty neat!
BTW, they got a small camper up there a couple miles from my camp, so I assume they will hunt the area till Monday.
I was excited! I entertained the thought of not hunting tomorrow to stay home with the family. But I am going up there! (No, I wont intrude....unless they are in my turf, my hunt is already planned!)
Old 12-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Met a celebrity while hunting!

Thats cool, he's always been an idol to Northeast hunters like me!

"We do not inherit our wildlife from our fathers, we only borrow it from our children."
Old 12-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Met a celebrity while hunting!

I really enjoyed their book about hunting Maine. What a cool family.

Hunting the wilds of Jersey