Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting partners?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default hunting partners?

I was just curious of how many of you guys and gals out there hunt by yourself?Up until about 2 years ago i hunted almost everyday of the season with my brother in law,until i saw him shoot 2 does illegaly,i let the first one go cause he said he thought it was a spike,but when he droped number 2 i said enough is enough and ever since then i have been hunting by myself,unless you want to count my 2 beagles.So i just want to know if anyone else out there hunts alone.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Default RE: hunting partners?

I hunt alone and with buddies. I hunt with buddies around the openers of bow season and rifle season, and then its a 50-50 split between hunting with someone and hunting alone.
I plan to bow hunt more unknown areas this year, and my buddies can be a bit lazy about actually putting forth some effort to walk into places and hunt, so I will be doing most if not all of hunting in new areas on my own.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Well BB, it's not really wise to be alone in the woods! Yes, be alone while on stand or in groundblind, but always try to have a hunting buddy or two in the same area y'all are hunting. Just because your brother-in-law is unethical doesn't mean everyone is!!
One word of Caution, Know your hunting buddies real good! To be Ethical, Safe at all times, Non-Drinker and has Respect For The Law.

I ran hog dogs for over 45yrs with my hunting partner and we understood each other when in the woods.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always thought that theres safety in numbers , having a friend or two hunting with me gave me a sense of security knowing if something bad would happen my friends would be there.
As the years went on and my friends went as well ,I find myself hunting alone more offten than I would like.
I enjoy the company of my friends and other hunters with respect of each others hunting area , just knowing that theres someone you can count on in case you need help is a blessing.
It also makes your hunting adventure more enjoyable to share with your friends and fellow hunters.
Hunting on your own can give you a sense of accomplishment when you harvest that big buck and track it down by yourself and bring it home but theres no one to take a picture of you and your prize.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM

I had one friend that I hunted a area with. But hunting with people can always have problems. First problem is he always wants to drag people out there that in turn think they have lifetime permission! What a pain. Then he started doing things that I am not quite OK with and do not want to be involved in. On my new spot I am taking no friends and my dad is the only person that knows about it a goes with me!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

One word of Caution, Know your hunting buddies real good! To be Ethical, Safe at all times, Non-Drinker, protestant, goes to church every Sunday, votes Republican, has Respect For The Law and is a Gemini.
Did I understand this correctly? You have some very specific criteria for hunting buddies!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

My wife hunts with me all of the time. I have a few other buddies who I hunt with once in a while. Sadly most of my old hunting buddies are gone now but my life was richer for having shared a camp with them.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

Did I understand this correctly? You have some very specific criteria for hunting buddies!
Thats Correct! Why do you keep tracking me? Hey man....I'm married! Find another camp!!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:53 PM

What does being married have to do with anything? I'm married as well. I just find your responses to be colorful, and you a person open to a little good-natured ribbing. Nothing more and no harm meant.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

What does being married have to do with anything? I'm married as well. I just find your responses to be colorful, and you a person open to a little good-natured ribbing. Nothing more and no harm meant.
10-4 Red!Hear you loud and clear. You need to start using your Smilies more, if not people take you serious.

Quick Reply: hunting partners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.