HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   hunting partners? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/180375-hunting-partners.html)

Red Lion 02-13-2007 01:14 PM

RE: hunting partners?

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

What does being married have to do with anything? I'm married as well. I just find your responses to be colorful, and you a person open to a little good-natured ribbing. Nothing more and no harm meant.
10-4 Red!Hear you loud and clear. You need to start using your Smilies more, if not people take you serious.;)
Ok, will do. :D

LSR Huntress 02-13-2007 01:32 PM

So far (I'm still the newbie hunter) I have hunted with my husband every time. I think I would like to try on my own a few times, just for the peace and quiet. ;)

Red Lion 02-13-2007 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: LSR Huntress

So far (I'm still the newbie hunter) I have hunted with my husband every time. I think I would like to try on my own a few times, just for the peace and quiet. ;)

I don't know? [:@] Do you think that your husband would let you? :eek: He may have issue with you hunting on your own and becoming a more skilled hunter than him?! ;)

sjsfire 02-13-2007 01:41 PM

There is 5-6 of us in the house I stay at and we're spread out when we hunt. But, we all know where everyone is at, what time to expect everyone in, etc. If one of us is late back to the house by 1/2 hour a few of us will drive to where they areat just to make sure they are OK or need help dragging a deer out. Cell phones or 2 way radios always on, on vibrator mode. We try to be as safe as we can.

NiceAndBlue 02-13-2007 01:53 PM

when it comes to deer hunting I hunt alone. turkey or birds i sometimes hunt with a partner. i actually prefer hunting alone. this way I dont have to worry about what the other person is doing. i like to do things my way when i hunt. plus i like being out in the woods by myself...gives me time to reflect and what not.

nchawkeye 02-13-2007 02:49 PM

I hunted deer alone more when I was younger than I do now...I have a couple of buddies I have hunted with for 20 years or better, and 2 brothers that I hunt with as well...Heck, when I go I need someone to drag out and clean the deer!!!

Turkeys and squirrels, I really like to hunt alone....I've had too many guys spook turkey before the shot.....

Steve F.in MD 02-13-2007 02:59 PM

I have a good friend that I have hunted with for over 30 years. We hunt together when ever we can. That doesn't keep either of us from going alone when the other can't make it. Also, we both try to take our kids whenever they want to go, so we are cultivating new hunting partners. I like to have someone else along as I get older....it makes the drag a whole lot easier for both of us and the shared memories are priceless.

mnsqueeze 02-13-2007 03:16 PM

the older i get the more i want someone to go hunting with me ., i used to hunt alone for many years., now i have my daughter hunting with me,. and my father,. is still hunting with me at the age of 70 ., just nice to be out there with the two of them,

travisville 02-13-2007 03:16 PM

I've never hunted with anybody, that doesn't mean I wouldn't have wanted to.

KoBear 02-13-2007 04:36 PM

i hunt with my best friend for the past 6 years.

we hunt from separate stands, but meet up at dunkin donuts for breakfast and then meet up afterwards to talk about what we saw.