Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stolen No Trespass signs

Old 02-09-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Stolen No Trespass signs

Went to my land today and someone has stolen all of my metal No Trespassing signs.I feel violated. That is low![:@]Sorry had to vent!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stolen No Trespass signs

you could always...
get some signs mounted on peices of plywood, then all around the outside edge put some thin nails throgh the wood sticking out the back, where someone would be grabbing to pull it off the tree/post. Cut them at an angle woudlnt hurt either.

just saying... its a possibility
Old 02-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I needed some and the hardware store was sold out. [X(]

Actually seems someone does not like the statement you were making for some reason or another. Something beyond face value I suspect. This is a case forColombo (or maybe Perry Mason).

I suspect these alleged "missing signs" were recently posted? Is there a chance you indeed have been being trespassed upon?

Hmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

i had people that dont respect land owners.and its usually the people that dont own any that trespass. One year i was hunting and a nice 8pt. was running towards meacross a 40ac. field where we hunt. so i got down into the near by ditch bank and got ready. sure enough some ******* comes driving by, stops on the road, leans over his hood and shoots the buck. I was steamed. that same year i drove up on another guy shooting from a road into a guys farm site at a running deer. Its depressing the lengths some people got to for a deer. i dont need one that bad to shoot through a mans yard! I hate tostartbig arguments with thesepeople because they are usually the hot tempered, and 2 guns are involved
(doesnt mix well) all you can do is turn them in.I hope you catch the basterds!!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about your signs, I would suggest getting the heavy duty plastic ones that you can get imprinted with your name, address and phone, that way they are worthless to anyone to steal, Unless thyey want to post some prime ground just for you
I got mine last year throughPheasants Foreveralso NWTF sells them as well, they were less then .75 a sign imprinted..
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, use the heavy plastic or metal signs and use a step ladder to get up a few feet higher than anyone can reach. That's what I did and it has solved the my problem.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really? What would they do with someone else's not "trapsing on me land" signs, since they are supposed to be signed and dated by the landowner by most states I've seen hunting regs?
Although, you see all sorts of crazy excuses for no tresspassing "signs" (not yours of course) (e.g. plastic oil jugs, old tires, some beat up old piece of something wrapped aound a post where you see 5 letters of it.)
I like the ones that at least say "No... without permission from the landowner" and they give you the person's name and phone number on it we can call. We can live with that.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Yes they were recently posted. Just put up new fence around my property! They were nice signs that were specially made. All they said was Private Property -No Trespassing. Yes trespassing and pouching are a problem where I am at.Missouri has no such requirement for name, signing or datebut good idea, the next ones will have name all over them. I have signs posted at the tree line too but they only took the ones at the fence on the road front. At least they did not steal the fence. Yet.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Use red spraypaint to mark trees with a red circle along the property edge. This way if the signs are missing again, trespassers have no excuse. Also shows them that you are real serious about them not being there.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Thats really stupid how people steal those!

Quick Reply: Stolen No Trespass signs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.