Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deerhunting and exercising

Old 02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Spike

Default RE: Deerhunting and exercising

definitely. I'm 37 and although i consider myself to be in good shape climbing up those mountains and big hills for a 1/2 a mile really wrecks havoc on you hunt. I try to train with weights to help and in the early season instead of cardio i run my dogs on small game which gives me a lot of time in the woods.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I work out also.Sittups, pushups, and do lots of running. I usually try to run a half marathon each year.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a friend i hunted with that was getting up in age, we walked up a hill for him to set and watch, everthing went good except no deer. The next day he went to have a stress test and ended up getting six way bypass. I felt really fortunate that it was during a stress test instead of with me the day before. His age also played a big roll in it as well. but surely excerise will help you out for the most part.

in the early season instead of cardio i run my dogs on small game which gives me a lot of time in the woods.
Same here my friend except here we can train them all year long.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:27 PM

I lift weights twice/week, have a 2hr hapkidoclass and a 2 hr jujitsu class every week. I eat healthy and occasionally add some extra cardio if I'm trying to drop a couple of pounds. No carbonated drinks, no alcohol, no unnecessary sugar, no white flour. Lots of veggies to go with my backstrap!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Spike

Hour and a half to two hours a day at least 5 days a week. Minimum of 30 min of cardio 3 times a week. Rock climbing or kayaking on at least one day on weekends. Work 40 hrs a week, going to grad school. Unless it's deer season! Then all bets are off. Yup you guessed it, married no kids!
Old 02-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here I am four years ago before I quite bodybuilding. That is 1100lbs if you want to know. 10 reps 3 sets. So yes I get my exercise.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Spike

UP here on the Lake of the Woods Ontario , wehave lots of thick bush as well as high ridges . I 've found that the easiest way for me to exercise is by walking the stairs at work. I start the month before the season , and make a point of varying how I do the stairs, one step vs two steps at a time. It's a great way to stretch out the muscles and doesn't requirea gym membership .
Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I definitely need to get off of my tubby butt this year, those hills ain't getting any smaller.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

i play sports so i get my excersise doing that.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I run/walk three times a week, usually 1.5 to 2.0 miles per. I also lift weights three to four times a week with an emphasis on shoulders/arms.
It definitely helps, especially as you get older.

Quick Reply: Deerhunting and exercising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.