Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How old were you when you started? >

How old were you when you started?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How old were you when you started?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How old were you when you started?

tweety birds were not safe from me and the BB gun at about 8... squirrel and rabbit with the 22 at 12 and i had a whitetail on the ground by 8 am opening day of firearm deer season on my 14th birthday...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I started 4 years ago at the age of 24.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

this was my first season 4 big gameand im 14. this year i got a cow moose, awhitetail button buck, and a 3x3 white tail buck.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My mother was hunting while I was in the womb. Got ya all beat!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 PM

6 when i started shooting, and 10 when i killed m first animal!
Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

12 small game
22 deer
Old 03-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ihave been hunting since I was 7, never deer hunted til I was13 yoa. Iam going into my 30th year of deer hunting.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

I like to say I was born in July and my parents took me to the stand in November...

Whether thats accurate, i dont know... but some of my earliest memories involve havin prickly pear thorns yanked out of my rear end out at the family hunting grounds... I remember playing i with an etch-a-sketch on the stand and my mom chastising me for making too much noise while erasing the picture to start over.
Seriously... for our vacations we went hunting or fishing... Only time I ever went on a ski trip or disney was on school trips in HS...

Technically "Hunting"

BB gun and squirrels at 5. Started shooting a .243 and bought a Hunting licenses when I was 6(no min. age in TX with adult supervision), killed my first deer at 8.... a button buck that both my mom and I thought was a doe.

Hunting was more than a recreation for us... it was a total lifestyle and necessity... We didnt have alot of money back then so we ate A LOT of venison(which accounts for it being my favorite meat. Most years we brought home 8+ deer from the ranch. Most of which shot by my Dad, couple by my mom, usually 1 or 2 by me...(4 deer per person county then, now it's 5 deer, 2 bucks/3does).

Now I'm working on passing on the tradition...

My wife shot her first this year at age 24.(note: I didn't get anything) Which says a lot because 2 years ago(been married for 5 years, together for 6), she didn't want anything to do with it. She grew up in an anti-hunting family, and as such had a very dim view of it, but tolerated it, and eventually embraced it. She's hooked now and won't let me go to Gander Mtn. or Bass Pro without her. [:-]
Old 03-17-2007, 07:24 AM

I started bow hunting for two years at age 16 then went off and joined the Marines. Haven't hunted since until my cousin got me back into it with rifle at age 30 and have been hunting for the last three years now. I've only taken a spike so far, that was the year before last. Gonna try Turkey with the shotgun next year. Good stuff!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:18 PM

[:@]istarted when i was 6 im 13 now ive killed 3 bucks.

Quick Reply: How old were you when you started?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.