Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Color blind people going hunting?!?!?!?! >

Color blind people going hunting?!?!?!?!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Color blind people going hunting?!?!?!?!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Color blind people going hunting?!?!?!?!

My brother is color blind, he has a hard time seeing red, green and brown. I know he can't see a deer in the thick stuff buthe has always been able to pick out people with out being able to see orange.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 PM

i see no problem with color blind peeps hunting.
my lil cuz is 5 and they just found out that hes color blind im sure his dad is still gonna teach him to hunt.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailstalker14

my lil cuz is 5 and they just found out that hes color blind im sure his dad is still gonna teach him to hunt.
I agree, I have no problem whatsoever with colorblind people hunting.

I do have a problem with idiots who cannot distinguish a 2-legged human from a 4-legged deer regardless of their color visual acuity.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: djschuett

ORIGINAL: whitetailstalker14

I agree, I have no problem whatsoever with colorblind people hunting.

I do have a problem with idiots who cannot distinguish a 2-legged human from a 4-legged deer regardless of their color visual acuity.

ditto
Old 02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some color blindness of dull shades of green telling from brown. I can't see small spots of red on green. But I have normal, whatever that means, color sight in all other ranges. I do like to hunt deer in the snow to make it easier to see blood. However, I'm not ashamed to bring someone with who sees red on green better to help track.
I've heard the tip about using peroxide in a spray bottle to see the blood trail foam up before. I haven't had to use that since hearing it or the LED lights that supposedly help make the blood fluoresce. But it is good to share those things. We help each other out.
Above all else, safety first.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 AM

sounds like a poor excuse for the inexcusable.

i like this one

also if he is shooting at anything that moves he must be a poacher, i say lock him up and throw away the key, we dont need people like that with guns out there. now haveing said that, i do not agree on not letting color blind people hunt, i think they have every right to hunt, and like on past posts, color blind people can tell somewhat different shade of color. so keep hunting wisely. oh and look through your binocs before you just shoot.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:26 PM

I aggree with everyone. The man who shot the other man should have known his target, it was proubably a new hunter and he was excited and didnt think before he reacted. For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. Either he didnt think or he was mad about another hunter messing up his hunt and he had a major anger issue!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:09 AM

I'm red-deficient colorblind. I can't see blood, but I can pick my target out. My cousin or uncle helps me track, but I have no fear of shooting what I'm supposed to. I wouldn't be out there if that were not the case.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 AM

My hunting buddy is color blind, and he ask me on several occasions what the color of some objects are, but he can definitely distinguish a person from a 4 legged animal.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Just for a visual.This person is on your property line and you are 100 yards away.

I don't know how many can see orange or shades of orange that are color blind.BUT if you can not see orange or color at all,I don't know how you could see this person.

I am not for banning a colorblind person at all,just that there needs to be precautions if you can't see orange.

Now if the fact is the person got shot because he thought he was a deer,then he needs to be castrated.[8D]

I'm not completly CB but I do have a lot of trouble with colors.

TFOX, I actually looked at this pic and immediately saw the person standing there. Then I went back and read what you had typed & then looked at the pic again. I had to look pretty darn hard but i "think" I see a littlebit of orange in that pic.

I still don't care how CB a person is, people that use CBlindness as an excuse for "accidently" killing someone "thinking they were a deer", is just trying to get out of some jail time.

Quick Reply: Color blind people going hunting?!?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.