Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Global Warming

Old 02-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Global Warming

loaddrummer69 (and others who feel global warming is a real issue),
I agree entirely with your comments. Unfourtunately this is still a subject that not everyone is on board with.

I do feel encouraged at the number of replies from those who are concerned about global warming. I made a similar post about 3 years ago and got ripped a new one by absolutely everyone who replied! Guess some progress is being made!

Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres another vote for being responsible and trying to leave a small footprint. Global warming is happening, and the arguments that it isn't man-made are getting shot down quick, the non-believers can only claim that climate change happens naturally, true, but to claim that we aren't contibuting to it is absurd.
This thread reminds me of the Creation vs. Evolution thread, we in north america have alot to loose if we buy into the global warming science, so many ignore it, or grasp at straws in an attempt to maintain the staus quo.
You say prove that its man-made, I say prove that burning fossil fuels doesn't speed it up (at a ridiculous rate).

Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Louisiana and work in the oil industry, therfore, I have a strong opinion about this subject. We only have so much oil in the earth and we WILL RUN OUT, period. If you do not believe that your cars or combustible enginesare hurting the earth then put your mouth on your mufflers exhaustand inhale. This is a stupid but simple argument. If what comes out of your muffler is not good for you then what do you think it is doing toyour atmosphere. Don't need to be a Phd for this analogy. It is not politically motivated. I hate politics. I love my environment, but I am also not a tree hugger, I am a hunter, and wish to passthe experienceon to my children and their children. I believe the earth is warming naturally, but I also believe that humans are contributing to this process. Why is this hard to believe? If we are 50% responsible then it is to much, and we should adjust our impact on the environment. Hunters, above all, should be the most concerned and motivatedgroup of people to curb these actions.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:38 PM

we are having a cold winter here in southern OH.
the global warming is killin us[8D].
Old 02-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Our local news station just reported tonight that the cold spell is also due to global warming.

Whatever happened to winter causing it to be cold and summer causing it to be hot.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Typical Buck

I hope some of yall are kidding. Global warming does exist......its not some elaborate scam by the government.
Warming in the atmosphere is cause by the increased amount of co2 in the atmospere. Average tempatures are up and co2 levels are higher than they have been in the last 600,000 years. Believe it, don't believe it.........scientists believe it and I'm not one so I have to take there word for it. Scientist don't dispute global warming, politicians do..........go figure. If your under 50 you will see changes in your life time to reduce the amount of co2 in the atmospere.............bank on it my fellow horn chasers
Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 AM

Maybe we should ask the polar bears if they are running out of room up north.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: tmeservey

Maybe we should ask the polar bears if they are running out of room up north.
We don't have to, as the increase in dead carcases found,such as due to drowningis clear enough.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

What a coincidence that this whole thing comes up right now with Algore getting a Nobel Peace Nomination and his Movie being nominated for an oscar. I heard an interview with the leading scientist in this field the other day and he was adamant that this is just the normal Warming/Cooling trends of the earth. In fact, the earth is now just about in the middle of the cycle and has been far colder and far warmer over the last 1000 years. He also had a report signed by 10,800 other scientists that agree with him. I wonder where Algore is flying in his private jet today?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:44 AM

Once again scare tactics from tree-hugger types and protectionfrom liberal inluenced big mediaairing and publishing only stories on global warming as a fact and it being from the mean nasty conservatives agenda. Al Gore is a joke.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Global Warming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.