Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Global Warming

Old 02-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Global Warming

ORIGINAL: 36fan

ORIGINAL: PastorHunter

Many scientists have proven that it is nothing more than a natural cycle that could change and reverse at any time.
Nothing has been proven by either side. I'm a geologist and I've had some courses dealing with subject - the latest was titled Midwest Paleoclimate, which pretty much dealt with the changes that occurred that allowed to the glaciers to advance and retreat from the midwest (a truly fascinating subject). The best data/research being done currently supports the theory that temperatures are rising, and will continue to rise. At the current rate, all the glaciers are expected to be gone from Glacier National Park in ~20 years.

Many try to dismiss this as a natural variation in the climate; however, the changes that we are being observed are unprecedented in the natural record. The largest issue is the nearly exponential increase of CO2 observed in the upper atmosphere. The quantities that are currently being observed along the lines of what was recorded during periods of mass volcanism on the planet.

In the US, it is predicted that the weather patterns will be become warmer and wetter – which result in more severe weather (including hurricanes). As the polar cap on the north pole melts, don’t expect Florida to go under water; however, when the polar ice cap on the south pole melts, that’s a different story - since there is actually land under there (I always liked the analogy, if you have a glass of ice water, and the ice melts, does the glass overflow?)

We can't even quess what the weather will do next week but we know what the glaciers will do 20 years from now.The melting pattern could change next week or may already have.

If you look at what scientist were saying 20 years ago,we should already be gone.

The best part,scientist say the Earth's temperature is rising and has been for 100 years,I want to know how the thermometers were calibrated back then.[:-]

Not saying warming isn't occuring or climate change but to say that humans are the cause is a bit of a stretch at best.Heck,one volcanic eruption puts more gasses into the air than all vehicles ever have throughout their history.Too many ice ages to blame humans.

It is mainly junk science to obtain federalresearch money.

When and why did scientist start presenting THEORIES as FACT ?

As to deer,everything will affect what they do.As long as a food source is availalble,they will adabt.

I had a B-1 bomber crash a couple hundred yards from one of the best spots I had and it was next to a buck bedding area.I never did find those darn deer again.[:@]
Old 02-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Host of Hosts

I think its a crock of BS too. Some scientists claim it exists some claim it doesn't. If it truly was something of concern they'd all be on the same page. Besides if it does exist what in the heck is anyone gonna do about it? Nothing!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

I think its a crock of BS too. Some scientists claim it exists some claim it doesn't. If it truly was something of concern they'd all be on the same page. Besides if it does exist what in the heck is anyone gonna do about it? Nothing!

Don't you know?

All we need to do is quit driving our suv's and get a hybrid.[8D]
Old 02-01-2007, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06
our winter thus far in PA has been very odd to say the least. opening day of rifle season right after thanksgiving i was in a tshirt and vest. up till about xmas we only had 1 snowfall i believe. now january it finally got cold. but its been kinda REALLY cold. lows in the teens..highs in the 20s. been snowing lake effect snow daily. and alot of small 1-3 inch snows pretty often. maybe winter will be later now..who knows. alot of plants and flowers started blooming and coming up. now they are frozen solid. alot of animals lost their winter fur a long time ago..i dont know for sure but things like that cannot be good. when we usually had winter it was pretty dang mild to say the least. now its freezing. i guess in the end nature will take its course. plants and animals will learn to adapt or slowly migrate to diffrent locations.

its been alot like that in OH its wierd but not global warming it used to be global cooling but that went away with the bell bottoms.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can really feel that "heat" coming down from northern Canada and Alaska now where it's - 45 to -50 F. It's going to be in the -20 to -30 F at night and high of -5 F on Sat. here. Wew please another glass of ice tea plzzz!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

I can really feel that "heat" coming down from northern Canada and Alaska now where it's - 45 to -50 F. It's going to be in the -20 to -30 F at night and high of -5 F on Sat. here. Wew please another glass of ice tea plzzz!
But you do have to admit that it is not as cold as previous years. It makes me really sad because I love winter because it is cold. Just a couple of years ago it was -54 F one day, man was that a cold snowmobile trip.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:36 PM

Yeah, this global warming is nuts!

High of 4 tomorrow in Des Moines, then the warm southern air moves in for a high of 13 on Saturday before back to 4 on Sunday.

Simple answer to Al Gore and all the other Chicken Little's out there: Conservation of energy, simple physics.

The Law of the Conservation of Energy states"

Energy may neither be created nor destroyed. Therefore the sum of all the energies in the system is a constant.

Heat is a form of energy; therefore as others have said before me, the planet is not getting warmer as a whole. Some areas are getting wamer, while others are getting colder. The amount of heat is not increasing, it merely shifts from area to area.

I guess since he inventer the internet, now Al Gore thinks he can erase the laws of physics!

Bottom line: Parts of the earth go through cyclical temperature changes of alternating heating and cooling. When one area heats up, another cools and vice versa. We're not gaining heat.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

What you're talking about is normal variances of temperatures, weather that have happened throughout history and from evidence dug up frequently has been going on as long as time. It's been much warmer over the course of thousands and tens of thousands of years and much colder. Both long before there were any numbers of people running around.

"Climate" changes can only be measure of very long periods of centuries or more. In the Middle Ages they had temperatures that were considerably warmer leading to increased crops, better standards of living for the day, etc. followed in the 200 years + of some very cold decades what are sometimes called "the mini-ice age". Neither can be traced back to anything people were doing.

In the 1960's we heard a similar drumbeat of "pollution is leading us to another Ice Age." Meaning, "we're all doomed unless we all do exactly what 'they the experts' tell us we 'must' do to change your [our] ways." Then they found it was getting cold, but warming a fraction of a degree avg. over the past century. Wow, now they've changed the drum beat to ""pollution is leading us to global warming...we're all doomed unless we all do exactly what 'they the experts' tell us we 'must' do to change your [our] ways."

Cleaning up air, water and land to make it better are good goals, if it's just for that purpose. What's being hyped with this latest globalmedicine show is 99% political fertilizer and 1% science.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

What you're talking about is normal variances of temperatures, weather that have happened throughout history and from evidence dug up frequently has been going on as long as time. It's been much warmer over the course of thousands and tens of thousands of years and much colder. Both long before there were any numbers of people running around.

"Climate" changes can only be measure of very long periods of centuries or more. In the Middle Ages they had temperatures that were considerably warmer leading to increased crops, better standards of living for the day, etc. followed in the 200 years + of some very cold decades what are sometimes called "the mini-ice age". Neither can be traced back to anything people were doing.

In the 1960's we heard a similar drumbeat of "pollution is leading us to another Ice Age." Meaning, "we're all doomed unless we all do exactly what 'they the experts' tell us we 'must' do to change your [our] ways." Then they found it was getting cold, but warming a fraction of a degree avg. over the past century. Wow, now they've changed the drum beat to ""pollution is leading us to global warming...we're all doomed unless we all do exactly what 'they the experts' tell us we 'must' do to change your [our] ways."

Cleaning up air, water and land to make it better are good goals, if it's just for that purpose. What's being hyped with this latest globalmedicine show is 99% political fertilizer and 1% science.

Problem is the 1% science is based off of 100% fertilizer.

Anyone else laugh at Hybrid's and their drivers when they're being ironic?
Saw a lady on the way home from the hospital today driving a Prius. Probably thinking that she's "saving the planet." Funny thing is she was smoking a cigarette
Old 02-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

When I was little the snow used to be up to my knees.

Quick Reply: Global Warming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.