Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what type of hunting show do you like >

what type of hunting show do you like

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what type of hunting show do you like

Old 01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what type of hunting show do you like

I watch a lot of hunting shows (many on fast forward). However, I find that there are certain ones (and types of shows) that I really like. I first like the shows that have tech tips, hunting tips, gear reviews. I also like hosts that are charismatic, knowledgeable, not too full of themselves, aren't over the top, and have fun. I also tend to like shows about whitetail deer & turkey hunting (that's what I hunt) and management type show, but do watch other hunts, as well. I like real life situations, with real-life people. What I don't like are the shows that are full of interviews or spend more time showing the scenery and vistas than hunts or providing useful info. Some of my favorites (for various reason) are:
Bowhunter Mag TV
NA Whitetail TV
Jim Shockey
American Archer
Archer's Choice
Deer& Deer HuntingMag TV
Realtree Roadtrips
Gettin' Close (oh, I forgot to mention that an attractive co-host doesn't hurt - Tiffany is definitely easy on the eyes!)
Get in the Game
Born to Hunt
Woods 'n' Water - Peter Fedducia is from NY and has a good show
and there are more I am forgetting

Shows that I'm not that fond of:
NA Hunter
Mossy Oak Classics
Hunting the Country
Turkey Call
Spirit of the Wild - I like Ted, but a bit over the top for me
and there are many more that I basically just fast forward through usually only watch kill shots to see placement).

One other thing that I like and wish all shows did, show what the animals scored on B&C or P&Y. That helps us hunters judge animals and is just intersting to know. What do others think.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what type of hunting show do you like

There will be several new shows premire this October, keep a eye out for them!!

Bowhunting North America's Outdoor Adventure's

Nock it up archery Challenge

And one from GWO productions called "Beyond Ordinary"
Old 01-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: doughboysigep

Gettin' Close (oh, I forgot to mention that an attractive co-host doesn't hurt - Tiffany is definitely easy on the eyes!)
damn straight
Old 01-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

I like most hunting shows but my favrite ones are with the wild turkeys like turkey calls, turkey country ect.. i just really like what the NWTF does.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ones that are done by real hunting not hunting on farms or where the deer are fenced in.. that aint real hunting.. put a hunter in the woods i have to hunt with hunters all over and see how he does..
Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one yesterday where there were 3 hot babes with bikini tops and they were running crab traps. That was quite a show.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:15 PM

I like shows that hunt types of land that I hunt. Small properties, public land, or land owned by the private owner. Not a lodge, range, or big money operations. I don't really care about how big the game is, cause most all the deer they kill, I know I'll never get. Cause of the property that I hunt. I can kill some nice deer, but not 200 inches around here. I shoot does, I try to let the little ones go, but sometimes thats all you can get. Early in the season I'll let them walk, but later in the season if I need some meat, I'll take what I can.

Realistic to the smaller guys, not the big money guys.

Thats the kind of shows I like.

Chad
Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

ones that are done by real hunting not hunting on farms or where the deer are fenced in.. that aint real hunting.. put a hunter in the woods i have to hunt with hunters all over and see how he does..
I hate those shows that you can see high fences.
I likethem best when the intro containsthe huntersaying something like"have not had a good chance to scout yet but I got these Binos."Bob the Cameraman" and myselfare going to see what we can spot and attempt a stalk on, one of the locals mentionedseeing some "Biguns" acrossthat far hill behind usthere, so let see what happens"
I like Ted too.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 PM

I really enjoy Dream Season/ Wildlife Obsession by the Drury brothers. They are very informative and it seems like they give back just as much as they get out of hunting.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

id have to say these are my favorites, Dream Season/ Wildlife Obsession. and archers choice

Quick Reply: what type of hunting show do you like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.