Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Please send your old Deer Hunting magazines to U.S. Soldiers in Iraq! >

Please send your old Deer Hunting magazines to U.S. Soldiers in Iraq!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please send your old Deer Hunting magazines to U.S. Soldiers in Iraq!

Old 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

Default Please send your old Deer Hunting magazines to U.S. Soldiers in Iraq!

I received this email from a young soldier stationed in Iraq who missed his first deer season this year. Please read his email and if you have any used hunting DVD's or Magazines, please send them to his address at the bottom of his email. I have already sent him my extra hunting magazines and DVD's. This will surely make his day. Regards, Rick

Sir or Maam,

Hello, my name is PFC Levi Koski. I am a soldier stationed in Iraq and Kuwait fighting on the war on terror. Its been pretty rough over here, I cant get into detail, and its been even harder being away from family and the things you love most. Many things you realize how much you take for granted once you get over here. Well I live in beautiful Northern Wisconsin back state side and live on a farm in the country. Those who get to know me for five minutes, come to find that whitetail deer hunting is my obsession, there is nothing in the entire world more exciting, pure, wholesome, time honored and beautiful, as hunting to me. I love everything about it. I've been in the woods hunting with my family since I was two months old. This is the first season I have ever missed and it was missed dearly by me. The only thing that keeps me going, is my deer magazines and more importantly, my hunting dvd's. I drive my bunk buddy insane with them. I rewind and play shots over again and again to analyze. He almost goes crazy from me poking him and telling him to check out bucks. But they're the closest thing I can get to actually being there.

Well, I'm writing to ask if you could help me out. Is there a way you can send me any hunting dvds? It would mean the world to me. Anything will do.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this. I rarely have time to write family and friends and this was a special occasion I got to write someone else. Thank you so much for your time and thank you in advance for your kindness.

Sincerely,
PFC Koski, Levi
HHC 1-121 FA BN
APO, AE 09317

[/align]
Old 01-22-2007, 08:38 AM

Default RE: Please send your old Deer Hunting magazines to U.S. Soldiers in Iraq!

Last time I was in Iraq in 2003, I read anything and everything hunting and shooting related that I could find. Much of the stuff was over a year old, but did not matter. I may just clean out my "pile" of mags and send some to the young "gun bunny." Thanks for posting this.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Please send your old Deer Hunting magazines to U.S. Soldiers in Iraq!

Excellent idea!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:55 PM

This is a really good idea. We get a lot of hunting related magazine samples from people trying to sell us advertising.

I think I'll bundle some up and send them out.

Thanks for bringing this up.

GSG
Old 01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Hi Gunslingergirl!

You can box them in a flat rate Priority Box that the post office will give you for free. Ask for the 11"x8.5"x5.5" box. It fits magazines perfectly. You can stuff this box full for a flat rate of $8.10 no matter how much it
weighs. Send them to:

PFC Koski, Levi
HHC 1-121 FA BN
APO, AE 09317

Thanks!
Rick

Old 01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

this is cool...i'm in. I wish I would've thought about this earlier b/c I throw away so many magazines every year because the wife gets tired of seening them laying around the house.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:31 PM

GSSafaris,

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do about putting something together.

GSG
Old 01-31-2007, 07:48 PM

Please support our snipers! http://www.americansnipers.org/

I myself am an Iraq Combat Veteran. I was a Combat Infantry Sniper in the USMC - 3/124

Semper Fi
Old 02-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice. I was there in '03 and I also read everyhting I could get my hands on. It brought me back to reality and gave me a sense of being back home. Trust me it would be much appreciated. Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off i want to say "Thank You" to all you guys that wrote that you were over in that God for saken place Thanks for my freedom!!! What a great idea i have about 50 magizines i can send and we just shot our first DVD this and i will package one of them up for you also.. God Bless and come home safe to woods most of us take for granted.. Walt

Quick Reply: Please send your old Deer Hunting magazines to U.S. Soldiers in Iraq!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.