Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Hunting hours??

Old 01-20-2007, 11:36 AM

Default RE: Your Hunting hours??

HNI christine., does your lawshave where you half to have your weapons cased after sunset? well if not ,then if they go to the 1/2 hour after sunset hunt maybe they should make a law that you have to have your weapons unloaded and in the case during non-hunting hours while afield., and when ever., i know there is alot of states that you dont need to case your gun or any weapons.,but here in minnesota we must have them unloaded and in caes during non-hunting hours and while taking afield before the 1/2 in the morning and after the 1/2 after sunset .,i know it is a pain in the butt going to and from stand while weapons in case,. but to me its safe!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:48 AM

1/2 before sunrise and 1/2 after sunset.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:45 PM

I belive kansas is 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset.

Christine, A good scope will gather enough light to shoot beyong legal shooting hours. I know that my Bushnell 3x4x38 wide angle scope will do that. I've only looked through it about the time legal shooting light was to end and could actually see better through the scope than I could with my eyes.

Chief
Old 01-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Spike

IDK what the official rules are, but for deer hunting I hunt from whenever it's light enough to see until 10-10:30. Then go back out at 2 and hunt till dark.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here it is 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. It was 1/2 hour after sunrise and 1/2 hour before sunset but, that wasn changed a few years ago. The first year it was changed we did have one fatality as a result of an overcast evening as a storm was moving in. as always it is sad when anything like that happens. So always be sure of your target before you shoot please.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mnsqueeze
does your lawshave where you half to have your weapons cased after sunset? well if not ,then if they go to the 1/2 hour after sunset hunt maybe they should make a law that you have to have your weapons unloaded and in the case during non-hunting hours while afield., i know it is a pain in the butt going to and from stand while weapons in case,. but to me its safe!
How is that any safer???????????????????
What if you happen upon a pack of wild dogs???????
A law that takes defense away from weapons is no law I care for!!!!!!!!!!!
What about us ground hunters that travel rather large areas??? I have had to walk a few miles from my sunset location to my vehicle.
But If you are happy haveing a club soawkward you can't even swing it I guess that is ok!?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mnsqueeze

HNI christine., does your lawshave where you half to have your weapons cased after sunset? well if not ,then if they go to the 1/2 hour after sunset hunt maybe they should make a law that you have to have your weapons unloaded and in the case during non-hunting hours while afield., and when ever., i know there is alot of states that you dont need to case your gun or any weapons.,but here in minnesota we must have them unloaded and in caes during non-hunting hours and while taking afield before the 1/2 in the morning and after the 1/2 after sunset .,i know it is a pain in the butt going to and from stand while weapons in case,. but to me its safe!
In Illinois the gun can only be loaded during legal shooting time. But it does not need to be in a case.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:09 PM

1/2 before sunrise 1/2 after sunset in ohio
Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 AM

i was wrong ., i just read thru my regs and it does not say that we have to have it cased going into and comming out . after those 1/2 hour times., our law book has 128 pages to read .,and some how i thought but was wrong on this ,.im sorry .,
Old 01-21-2007, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

1/2 before sunrise 1/2 after sunset in Ohio
Sorry, but wrong. The question asked is about Gun hunting. Bow it is half hour before and after, but gun it is half hour before to sunset. I hate having to stop at sunset when gun hunting, I wish I did not have to. But I know they do it for our protection from like you said, to many people would shoot at blobs moving at 100 yards!

Quick Reply: Your Hunting hours??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.