Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gerber Blood Trackig Light

Old 01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gerber Blood Trackig Light

I have used this device two times when ?I have had small blood trails and found that it helped out quite abit. It made the blood almost flourescent and almost jump off of the ground. I would reccommend it as a cool gadget for anyone at 40$.

Does anyone else use this? - And do you like it?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:13 PM

Default RE: Gerber Blood Trackig Light

Sorry,
But I have to raise the biiiiig BULL sighn on this one. We bought a pair to use on the military reservation where I hunt. We kill between 70 and 100 deer a year here and frequentlyhave to track them at night. Our staff biologist tried them and told us they were junk. Took one of them back but kept the one he had used. Just two nights ago one of our hunters hit a doe right before dark. I showed up with a 2 million cp spotlight and a 3 d cell led maglight, another guy showed up with a headlamp and a gas lantern and the biologist showed with a big led light similar to mine and the gerber blood light. We tried every one of them and the consensus was unanimus among the four people looking for blood. The blood light was absoloutly, hands down the worst of all. The gas lantern was by far the best and the strong maglights were the best.
This confirms what I had been hearing as well as what our biologist told us.
Don't buy this thing unless you want to blow fourty bucks. Buy yourself a good lantern instead.
Hank
Old 01-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Threw mine out
Old 01-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bought one before season and tried it with chicken blood and beef liver blood. I sent the Gerber light back
Old 01-15-2007, 07:56 PM

I heard they suck too.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked on up at Cabela's,my son-in-law shot a nice 8pt. during archery season and I think it worked great finding blood drops. I would have to give it a "A"...
Old 01-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never tryed the Gerber light.My buddy picked up a light from Wally World that was supposed to pick up blood. Don't recall brand but was about $20?

Bottom line - Light from Wally World was JUNK. We used it to try and find blood on a Buck I shot one night at sunset.I found Buck next morning few yards away after finding traces of blood in the precise spot we used the gismo light for 20+ minutes the night before.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best product i know of for this would be luminol.The csi guys use it to find blood that has been washed,hidden, etc.You mix it with peroxide and spray.Turn off your lights and watch it glow.But it wont show blood where there isnt any.(internal bleeding) And it isnt cheep.20.00 a pop.I like to keep some unmixed in my truck just in case i need it.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought it worked pretty good. I used it on the doe that I shot in October and it was pretty easy to see the blood in the low light I was working with. Maybe the guys who tried it where looking for the blood in the wrong place?
Old 01-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bought a cheap version of it for my Dad since he likes those kind of toys whether they work or not. I tried it out on a dead possum and it worked a little, but i would stick with a nice strong flashlight.

Quick Reply: Gerber Blood Trackig Light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.