Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How much do you pay for leased hunting land? >

How much do you pay for leased hunting land?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much do you pay for leased hunting land?

Old 01-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How much do you pay for leased hunting land?

Hello, I was wondering how much you pay for leased hunting ground and how many acres you lease. Thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 03:34 PM

Default RE: How much do you pay for leased hunting land?

Here in North Texas, my friend and I pay $700 apiece for 160 acres. Thats just a little under $9 an acre.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:59 PM

i have heard between 10-15 $ an acre but i cant find anything to lease. I wish i could just find somewhere that would let me lease around here in MD. If you have found some, good for you. i wish i had some luck
Old 01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

In South Bama we have about 5500 acres of leased land and it averages about $6.75 an acre including insurance.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't lease but have people wanting to lease my property ,never realized it went that high .
Old 01-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as I know we don`t have leased land up here in my province. Most of it is public land.I personally have access to a 2500 acre ranch to hunt on if I want. Most of my big game hunting is done on public land where you may not see another person for the whole time you are thereeven though it may be a two week trip. Regardless, none of my buds norI have had to pay to be able to hunt on any property. I`ve never heard of anyone else paying to be able to hunt either. Keeping in mind this is just one province.

Ron
Old 01-16-2007, 03:55 AM

Not much leasing done in the areas I hunt in Ontario. The group Imuzzleloader/bow hunt withhave 3 seperate farms totalling about 5500 acres that we hunt. A handshake, a couple bags of fish filets and a bottle at X-mas,, and most farmers dont want any of that. Just respect them and theyre property and kill some doe's if you can.

We throw a big fish fry and supply everything including the beers onthe day prior too the season at the farmers house we "base" out of. He invites all theyre friends for it, weve gotten too know severallocal farmersthey always ask us when we are going too come start hunting theyre land. They dont usually deer hunt theyre farms until the second or third season when the all the crops are down.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:28 AM

Here in South Arkansas it depends on the quality of the land, the size of the parcel of land, and the availability of lease land. But a small parcel I am on, 162 acres is going of about 4.00 / acre with Insurance. There are many leases that run 5 to 6 dollars per, but only a few that get as low as 3.50 / acre. Plus some land managers do not include insurance with the lease, and that is where it gets expensive. I found another 40 acre site, that adjoins my lease, and the Insurance for that 40 acres alone is about 350.00 while the lease was only about 160.00. I chose not to lease that parcel right now.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I lease about 185acres in WV for $4.50 per acre.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

MichaelT you should be able to get hunters insurance from QDMA, Wild Turkey Federation, Quail Unlimited or straight from Davis-Garvin Insurance for about $.25 an acre.

Quick Reply: How much do you pay for leased hunting land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.