Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Why do hunters rip on each other? >

Why do hunters rip on each other?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do hunters rip on each other?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:31 AM

Default RE: Why do hunters rip on each other?

The one point that has been pasted over here so far is that some of these morons need ripped on!

How many threads did you read this year about tree stands being stolen? How about trespassers? Piss poor shots taken?

These aren't golfers people , they are your fellow hunters!

Admit it there are some real butt wipes that call them selves hunters.I don't know how many places on here I have read that we hunters need to stick together , and stand up for each other. That is B.S. ! If you are out and see some one being a jerk say something to him,don't come on here and tell us what a jerk you saw,do something about it. We have controlof the sport we love & if we are afraid to stand up to the ones ruining for all we will all lose.
It only takes one stupid move to get a farm posted.All the good done in the past fails in comparison to the last act of stupidity the guy before you has done ,it can be as foolish as leaving a gate open or to riding a quad across a Field to retrieve a deer.Show some respect and some thanks!

And last ,if you know a buck was poached then turn the guy in and testify against him in court ,if not then congratulate him take his picture and be proud of what he did. Spreading rumors is like spreading manure , both stink when you get some on you!!!!!!![:'(]
Old 01-13-2007, 10:31 AM

I personally think it's because we're mostly men and we each want to be the alpha male.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:54 AM

It's just the way it is ripping on someone, or poking fun, joking, ribbing that's a part of hunting. Now what i mean is you and a buddie or wife or whoever are hunting together. For intance a buddie of mine and myself were hunting Ducks sitting on the side of a hll and Ducks came through he shot and hit one of my decoys cause when he rasied his gun to shoot he slipped down the hill. I told him that he could have that decoy for his next child as a baby rattle. And He would give me sh** if I missed a shot. It goes back and fourth that way.
Now I havn't been on this site long and havn't seen to much of people being negative but i am sure it happens. But if someone is going to post something on here I hope you know that everyone has their own opinions some might be good ones to you others might not be to you. And their own ways of doing things we are all different people. So dont take it to heart if someone dissagrees with your ways that's only adding fuel to the fire. We all have something in common and that's hunting. I can say right now Thank you to everyone who has giving me good advice and to everyone Good Luck!!!!!! in your next hunt.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:10 PM

I didn't say that I hated hunters who shot bigger deer than me. It's those that consider themselves better that I hate. Don't get cocky once you shoot the big one. I'm not saying that he's cocky, but look at Tony Lovstuen. He shot the world record deer on his first deer hunt if I remember right. Does that make him a better hunter? I don't think so. He just got lucky. I am happy for him, however. From what I've heard, he's a pretty nice kid.

Anyone who has a trophy buck and doesn't rub it in your face is a person to be proud of. I for one encourage and congratulate anyone who works for and doesn't brag about their deer. They deserve it. Those who buy their deer or talk like bigshots when they shoot big deer are nothing but losers. I won't congratulate them.

If you do get lucky(or knowledgeable)and get a big one, I am more than happy for you. Don't talk like the alpha andI'll be proud of your success. We are all on the same level. We're all human beings and deserve credit for trying.

God bless and happy hunting to all!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:49 PM

I think alot of it has to do with the anonymous nature of these Internet forums. People sometimes write thingsthatthey would never say to someone's face.That canlead to some wide-open debates where deep-seated beliefs are challenged by those who share a similar passion. When beliefs collide, sparks fly, whether it's between hunters or golfers or whatever. I think it can be healthy to have your beliefs challenged once in awhile.

I don't agree with everthing that I read here, and someof it is downright idiotic. But more often than not Ifind helpful, friendly folks willing to share their knowledge.I want to be the best hunter I can, and this is oneway to sharpen my skills when I'm not in the woodsor at the range.And some of you are just damn funny....
Old 01-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Host of Hosts

I'll have to say Jealousy
Old 01-14-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: djschuett

PS. the blood-stained cavalier in the background is the one I mentioned that I drove him through downtown Des Moines on. You'd be amazed the looks you get when you're driving a buck (or a doe this year) through Des Moines at about noon on Saturday! Everything from flipped the bird to fist pumps with fist pumps out-numbering middle fingers by a slim margin.
[/align][/align][/align]me and the guy i shot my buck with took my deer down the busyest street in town and had peeps takin pics at stop lights, lol.[8D][/align]
Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 AM

Its all based on ones opinion. We all have them. So everyones opinions don't always co-mingle well. So therefore the ripping starts.
Jealously has some affect on it. But people never have and never will be able to exist in harmony.
I have other things I do and in those forums its the same way.
There will always be differances of opinions and how things should and should not have been done.
Hope everyone keeps busy in the off season and try to hold on to your sanity till the new season starts. Good hunts to all.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Jealousy for the most part. whether it is a guy that shoots a big buck, makes lots of money, has nice vehicles, or a beautiful woman. People hate successful people. By ripping on them, it makes them feel better because their own life sucks.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Jealousy for the most part. whether it is a guy that shoots a big buck, makes lots of money, has nice vehicles, or a beautiful woman. People hate successful people. By ripping on them, it makes them feel better because their own life sucks.
Did you say this while in a drug induced state?.....Ah, it doesen't matter, I feel the same way too!

Quick Reply: Why do hunters rip on each other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.