Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Also new, a few ?s

Old 01-11-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Also new, a few ?s

Joined about a week ago and having a blast. Im pretty computer stupid though., can anyone tell me why my computer says "file too large" when I try to upload pics? Also, how do you guys add quotes , do you type them in everytime you post?How do you add pics under your names? Thanks for any help!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Also new, a few ?s

[quote]ORIGINAL: NYRACKADDICT

Joined about a week ago and having a blast.
WELCOME!
can anyone tell me why my computer says "file too large" when I try to upload pics?
If you cannot make them smaller, you will have to register with PhotoBucket or ImageShack to host them for you.

Also, how do you guys add quotes , do you type them in everytime you post?
Instead of clicking on Reply, Click on Quote.

How do you add pics under your names? Thanks for any help!
Click on My Profile on top of the page and then scroll down to where it says Avatars.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:46 PM

Just save the picture you want in My Pictures, or My Documents. Open up "Paint"...open the file in there,and use the stretch/skew tool under the image bar. It has 100% in the boxes. re-type 50% in th horizontal and the vertical. that will shrink the pic so you can post it. They have to be under 100kb...I think. Keep shrinking the pic untill it will fit. Do the same with your avatar. the avatar has to be alot smaller than the posting pics. Under 10kb...I think
Oh...amke sure after you shrink the pic, you do a " save as" and save the file as a jpeg...other files are the wrong format for posting.
When you wanna post click the embed pic in post box...and then click to upload. There is a testing forum for you to practice on.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the tips I think I figured out the photo shrinker paint program thing but I still dont get the quote trick .I clicked on QUOTE but I cant figure out how to make it appear on my posts automaticly I know ,DUH.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:38 PM

across from wgere teh subject is for the post "RE:_______" is three buttons click the one that says quote.