Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where Do All The Deer Go???

Old 01-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Where Do All The Deer Go???

I've been hunting for over 25 years and each year I hunt about 50 times for deer. Early season I see NO bucks but see a few during the RUT, then after the rut which ends mid Nov in NJ, I see no more Bucks.. We do drive after drive in the late season and cant find these deer. WHERE DO THEY GO??? I hunt in a populated south jersey area that has alot of 130 class bucks that you only see 1 or 2 times a year...
It makes me wonder how those "PROS" would do if they hunted my spots..

Something tells me no better then me....
Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where Do All There Deer Go???

Im with you on that man! I have never once seen a hunting video of hunts in Massachuestts! People always talk about seeing a ton of deer in other areas but around here deer dont even seem to follow daily patterns.

jim
Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

TDWW claims they migrate to Florida..........
Old 01-05-2007, 09:12 PM

same here, my trail cameras show deer at all different times, mostly 10pm until 2am.. always at night. and you never get the nice bucks a second time. I hunted 24 times in the same general area hunting around some fresh scrapes.. I saw 1 8 pointer one afternoon and a nice 7 the next day. after that...NOTHING...

This is true hunting...
Old 01-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

they do get scarce don't they?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:24 PM

I think I found your deer http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Chickenjohn42/deertree2.jpg
Old 01-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!! It all comes down to pressure! Find the thickest cover or that small fence row that you think there couldn't possibly be deer in there and you will find them. They find a small pocket and as long as they don't get disturbed they will hang there until all is clear!!
Old 01-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Where Do All The Deer Go???

In Michigan, by the end of the rut, most of the bucks are in someone else's freezer. In general, if it's brown it's down, which explains the lack of sightings and also why you don't see many mature bucks regardles of the time of year.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like my situation. suburban deer hunting is tough. deer are used to people and noises ect...but hunting the small woods is TOUGH. deer have you busted when you shut your truck door. by the time the heavily hunted gun season is over after archery/small game/fall turkey ect i am convinced the deer become very nocternal(dont even see them spotting before 11pm..) and live in peoples backyards. thats the case in MY area...after the season we will go spotting and the fields will be loaded...though the deer population isnt what it used to be in PA theres still deer...but around my parts they just walk down the hollow to the housing plans and are safe..they walk prettty dang far at night for that corn. leave lots of tracks and sign..but arent there in the daylight. we do the same thing...drive after drive..we will find a few..but no shooter bucks after rifle season unless we get realllly lucky and catch one that didnt make the walk back to the housing plans..
Old 01-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt south jersey and the deer are like ghosts

Quick Reply: Where Do All The Deer Go???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.