Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 who is your hunting Mentor or Legend >

who is your hunting Mentor or Legend

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

who is your hunting Mentor or Legend

Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 PM

Default who is your hunting Mentor or Legend

My Mentors are by far my Father and Uncle. the most extrema hunters I know. just Elk alone they have taken combined some 65 plus bulls and still doing it today! My uncle is 75 and my Dad is 71 its rare that a mountain man makes it up there that long. Are Camp is at 10,000 feet and consist of a 20 man wall tent " fits about seven with gear and stove wood pile" a Koral ,big game pole, food lift in a spruce " to keep bears from getting are supplies" and so on. We do all the work no guides no hired help.Both men served in the military. My uncle was a Field Geologist during the 50's threw the 80's and has been in the most remote spots on the world doing exploration work. Some times he would be in a tent for more then three or four months at a time. " if your in the wilderness this is the guy you want with you" He is humble and a colorful, always good for a laugh and one who will never let camp down. My Father is much the same but he is a Elkoholic Bad . He is a true master on elk behavior and how to hunt them. His character is his strongest attribute His strength is unreal ,he can still dog most twenty year olds " he wont admit it". Both men together set the stage for a Honorable camp.
other hunters include
Steve Brewer, Jackson hole Wyo. Current#1 usa shooting champion andwho guided me threw my young years in the mountain.
"LIVER EATEN Johnson"Jeremiah Johnson" The real man not Robert"
Who do you look up to?
Here is my dad uncle and Steve, Just dam good Men

Old 01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who is your hunting Mentor or Legend

Anyone who can hunt Wisconsins entire 9 day gun seasion without getting discouraged and going home.I dont care what they kill.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:42 PM

LOL yep thats like the U.P. in Michigan
Old 01-05-2007, 01:51 PM

My boyfriend and mygrandpa. They both got me interested in hunting. My grandpa taught me patience and how to live off the land. My boyfriend usually kills the limit of six every year so he's good to get information and tips from.

And of course some help from the users on this site
Old 01-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad, he's been taking me out since before I could walk, and was right beside me when I shot my first deer.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely my older brother--he got me into fly-fishing,handguns,bow hunting,traditional archery--just too many things to thank him for
Old 01-05-2007, 04:21 PM

mine would probably be Micheal Waddel
Old 01-05-2007, 04:23 PM

That's a great question!!!
My dad got me into fishing at the age of 6. God rest his soul, he's always been my hero for the kind of man he was.
Hunting, shooting and flyfishing came from Kurt Gowdy, American Sportsman every weekend and Flip Pallot with Walker's Cay Chronicles. Those two guys got me so pumped up that I spent my hard earned allowance to buy the gear and get started. I've never looked back but in retrospect, those two guys cost me a ton of money!
I spent a small fortune in my lifetime on guns,ammo, hunting clothes, outdoor gear, tree stands, guided trips to Montana, boats,flyfishing rods and reels, reloading equip., flytying gear etc... Its well worth every penny!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM

BY FAR....MICHAEL WADDELL
Old 01-05-2007, 07:08 PM

My Dad. No doubt.

Quick Reply: who is your hunting Mentor or Legend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.