Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

feeders

Old 01-02-2007, 08:24 PM

Default feeders

i was woderin if anyone got plans for a deer feeder for free
if so please post

thanks, southern_hunter
Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 PM

Default RE: feeders

piece of pvc a ratchet strap and some corn and a good tree
Old 01-02-2007, 08:40 PM

any pics
Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. I work at a home improvement store, so access to PVC is super-easy plus I get a 10% discount.

Now it can't be that hard, but I've still never done it before.

If someone could give a list of materials (PVC pipe, couplings, etc.) and a list of tools, as well as instructions I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Dont force feed deer! I live mchenry county Il...CWD is a problem and so is leaving food for deer. An occasional layout is no problem. When deer rely on your feeding you might as well vaccinate, antibiotisize/hormone, and sell your domesticated farm raised venison to Jewel Osco.
[hr]

Just my two cents
Old 01-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rather than a gravity fed feeder, I would recommend a timer for3 reasons.
[ol][*]The corn is spread out and allows the deer to brouse around[*]You can set ot for 2-3 times a day during daylight hours.[*]The corn you buy will last longer this way than with a gravity feeder.[/ol]
You can get a feered for around 45-50 bucks and a 55 gal drum for free in most places.....$10 at the most.

MAke a lid out of any plywood and you are all set.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just buy one, theres a remington feeder complete for 99 bucks, you cant even build one for that. Its a plastic barrel which will never rust and has a programable timer.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Go to your local hardware store and buy a 16 gallon metal garbage can with a lid and bail. Drill two holes through the lid and can to hold the lid on with loose fitting screws.

Get the $39.95slinger from Cabela's. This is the best slinger out there-used them for years.It is totally adjustable if you want to feed more thantwice per day.It isset from the factory to feed 30 minutes after sunup and at sundown. Itholds about 70 pounds of corn. Each feeding is about1.5 pounds of corn.

Cut a hole in the bottom of the can and attach the feeder. Total cost about 60 bucks. Hang it from a tree limb.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get the $39.95slinger from Cabela's. This is the best slinger out there-used them for years.It is totally adjustable if you want to feed more thantwice per day.It isset from the factory to feed 30 minutes after sunup and at sundown
I have used them for years too, but my only complaint is after 1 or 2 yearsmine no longer picked up the sunrise and sunset. Not sure if the eye gets damaged what. This year I went to a digital one that is much more user friendly and does not have the "eye"
Old 01-04-2007, 07:50 AM

"I have used them for years too, but my only complaint is after 1 or 2 yearsmine no longer picked up the sunrise and sunset."

One of mine did the same thing. Replaced the clouded plastic with a piece of glass and all was well again.

Quick Reply: feeders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.