Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Is your season a failure if..... >

Is your season a failure if.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is your season a failure if.....

Old 12-28-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Is your season a failure if.....

You do not harvest a buck?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Spike

Default RE: Is your season a failure if.....

I can already see where this one is going...those that want meat and those that want horns. Just title this the great beer debate"Tastes great"/"Less Filling".

But for me its a no, I love the hunt and getting meat in my freezer is what I really want. Maybe would be disappointed if I didn't at least get some meat.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:54 PM

This season I didn't harvest a single deer. I thought it was a tremendous success. Our Deer camp went 0 for 6, but everybody had a great time. We made some lasting memories with our kids and we spent quality time in the woods. We all seen several deer, but we decided not to shoot any young bucks. We were all trophy hunting so to speak. So I guess my answer is Definately NO!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 PM

No, I enjoy being outside. Having meat in the freezer and maybe horns on the wall is nice too!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope. I have already eaten my firearm buck tag and will probably eat my two archery buck tags since I will be out with my rifle for the rest of this week looking to fill my freezer with some does.
I consider this season a success just because of the amount of deer I've seen. I bought new camo, quit smoking, and worried about scent control this year and it paid off by having more deer come in closer and never busting me. I've seen several bucks this year but they were all small. I know you can't eat the horns, but I believe that if I give them another year they will look good on the wall.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:28 PM

My answer is no. I shot my first scorable buck, and I shot a mature doe. Both deer that I killed was an enjoyable experience with my hunting buddies. I can't complain about the season at all.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I did not harvest a deer this year, but I really feel that time out in the woods, and with all your friends, and just hanging out with them is all the fun I need. If I became hard up for venison, I could buy a few sausages at a local meat market.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

I say no way. I think your season is a failure if you are mad you only got a small 6 pointer, completely missing the point of why you started hunting in the first place. Time afield with family and friends is what it is all about. Killing an animal is secondary.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess it's how one personally defines it.

I had a wonderful time, the comrauderie was the best part.
The anticipation and excitement was worth the wait.

I hunted hard and enjoyed every minute in the deer woods. I absolutely loved it.

I saw deer andlet deer walkearly in the season and never regretted it.

Taking nothing away from everything that goes into deer hunting, because it is my favorite thing to do in life.

But, yes, it was a failure. I failed to do what I intended to do.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

You do not harvest a buck?
No man,
I like to call it a learning experience. I've had my share of seasons where I didn't "get my buck". I didn't think that I'd get one this season, and started telling people that this was the best season of my life. That was over a month ago. I did get one on Christmas day though. It was just icing on the cake, so to speak. The learning is what makes it fun.

Quick Reply: Is your season a failure if.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.