Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Thor 15 Million CP spotlight - anybody tried one yet? >

Thor 15 Million CP spotlight - anybody tried one yet?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thor 15 Million CP spotlight - anybody tried one yet?

Old 12-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Thor 15 Million CP spotlight - anybody tried one yet?

I might buy one of those gigantic Thor Cyclops15 Million CP spotlights to use this year for spotting long-range with spotting scope. BUT, I don't wanna spend $50-$75 on a spotlight that has no battery life or the bulbs burn out after 10 uses.

Has anybody used one of these things? Worth owning? Also, with a middle-of-the-road spotting scope (think 50x, 50mm Rubberized Bushnell), what kind of range can you get and still be able to see the antlers?

Thanks.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thor 15 Million CP spotlight - anybody tried one yet?

I have the 10 million CP for night time hog hunting. It turns night into day. Range is longer than I am able to use at my lease. The longest open stretch we have is just over a 1/4 mile and it is effective at that range. We put a red lense on it to not spook the hogs. Battery life is usually good for 2 nights but we really don't keep it burning for very long at a time. All in all I'm happy with it. I honestly don't know if it will suit your needs. I am going hunting tonight and will try bringing my brother in laws spotting scope to see how it does. I'll let you know tomorrow.