Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Girl against hunting

Old 11-26-2002, 07:37 AM

Default Girl against hunting

I am a very avid hunter, and I would never give it up for anything. I need some advice on how to convince a girl not to snap on me when I tell her I love to hunt. I met this girl last night and after getting into a long conversation she proceeded to tell me how she loves animals so much and that she doesn't believe in hunting. One advantage that I have is that she isnt a vegatarian. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Girl against hunting

Find another girl if she is that set in her beliefs. I doubt explaining to the concept of herd management will make that much difference.

Old 11-26-2002, 08:06 AM

The easiest would be find a new girl. If she dislikes hunting that much your life would be h*ll if the relationship develops into marriage. It's hard enough finding time to do things that you like to do when your married if your wife doesn’t mind hunting. If you have a girl that dislikes it you will never get to do it. To make life easiest is find a lady that has the same interest as you do.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:07 AM

The easiest would be find a new girl. If she dislikes hunting that much your life would be h*ll if the relationship develops into marriage. It's hard enough finding time to do things that you like to do when your married if your wife doesn’t mind hunting. If you have a girl that dislikes it you will never get to do it. To make life easiest is find a lady that has the same interest as you do.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:12 AM

You'll have to drag her back to the cave and make her eat a big venison dinner. If that doesn't work nothing will, get rid of her and find someone with the same interest as you. You'll end up saving yourself alot of heartake in the end.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:16 AM

Boy this topic has been up lately....

You have to look for another girl. It will be HELL with her in the future. You can tell her and if it doesn't work out you have the excuse the get out of the relationship. It's Her or Hunting. Which do you want more?

Everytime you see a hunting show...it will burn in your heart.
When you see a deer in the wild (especially if its BIG) just driving around or doing farm chres or anything, it will break you. SLowly, VERY slowly, you think you can beat it, but you can't. My dad tried quitting and it bugged him. Then when I took an interest in hunting, it put him over the edge. He went with 3 days left in gun seasona nd purchased a tag. After 7 years of no hunting. He tells me stories of his memeories of hunting and his succeses and misses. Now everytime November is getting near, he gets anxious. It will happen, slowly, it bvroke him uuntil one thing pushed him over the edge.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:19 AM

long term relationship i see!!! use her and then leave her!!!!!!!!!!

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 11-26-2002, 08:20 AM

If you really like this girl, I would at least give it a shot at explaining your passion for hunting, & why its necessary to keep deer populations in check. I would also emphasize that using the deer meat for consumption is necessary if your going to hunt the deer.

Get your kids in the woods & off the streets !!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Soarkrebel>>>>>FLMAO, Buddy.

Seriously, try and see if she'll budge or listen to why you like hunting.(suggestion don't use words like "rush and kill" in the same sentence) If still no, then kick her curb...however I like soark answer use her for awhile and get tired of her when it is prescouting season. (not only fun, but she just might change her opinion & want to keep ya...big guy!)

Old 11-26-2002, 10:30 AM

I say that you should table the "conversion" for the near future. You've just met her, concentrate on what you have in common, what you both like doing. Focusing on hunting will accentuate your differences. You shouldn't try to change someone, especially someone you've just met.

In time, if you really hit it off, maybe you can ease her into the concept by cooking her something you've taken. Don't surprise her after the fact though, let her know what you'll be preparing ahead of time. Perhaps in time she'll come around. Maybe she'll never like hunting, but she may accept that its not a bad thing, just something that you do that she doesn't.

Quick Reply: Girl against hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.