Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO) >

Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Old 12-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Can't argue with ya there Doc.
Hey, now that I think of it maybe you and I can get together on an underwear product we can call "Let er' rip".
In a business meeting and afraid to squeek one out? Nope, not with our new product. Just LET ER RIP and no one will smell it.
On a first date and had too much cabbage? No problem, you're wearing the new scent stopper let er rip boxer briefs. Just let fly with no worries.

We're rich Doc
LOL Danny ..we could just make it out of a burlap tater sack and camo it ...hunters now days will beleive ANYTHING .... like my new "corn cobb" suit shown below ...bucks will come right up to ya LOL

dd

Old 12-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Host of Hosts

Just to clarify one thing a deer's nose is more sensitive than a dog's nose.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:44 PM

The FOX Report is just one of many that have been done to raise serious questions to the many claims made by activated carbon clothing. As far as I can tell they just ignor their critics and hope that the majority of hunters just aren't paying attention.
Today the USPTO(patent office)posted their third rejection of Scentloks patent application (90007331). There must be some reason that the patent office continues to reject these claims. Could it just be that the product doesn't work as claimed.
NOTE: Provide one creditable carbon expert that will state that the human scent moleclue can be removed by the heat of a household dryer much less at 107 degrees as promoted by one manufactuer.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:02 AM

I think there is a lot more to it than just "if a deer smells you , you are busted!" I don't use scent lock stuff, I just use common sense. I work the wind, dress in clothes that I keep away from the household stuff, and shower/wash clothes with scent free products. I have had deer so close that I could literally drop my gun on them and knock them on the head with them not being spooked. Heck, one of the stands I hunt in is low enough that I had a doe actually sniff my foot and not run away. If it were so simple that if a deer smells you, it is gone than none of that would have happened. I believe the key is something the guy mentioned in the story and was mocked about. I think deer are "trained" to accept a certain amount of human scent as normal. I have had deer all over my property within feet of my vehicles, barn, house, and even the clothes line and they never run away until something else enters the picture. Something like me opening a door or window, a noise that scares them, an animal, etc...

Bottom line for me is that I believe they can smell me just about every time I go out and hunt, but unless I do something else to scare them like move, of if the smell is over a certain limit in their brain, I have a 50/50 chance they will not spook. I shot a nice 8 point buck this season that was down wind of me and he never even acted like he was nervous (until the slug hit him!). I just made sure that I was hidden, and didn't move quickly.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Spike

Ithink that by watching all these hunting shows, how can someone NOT be brainwashed into thinking that you are utterly invisible to the deer. Every chance they get they present some way of advertising their sponsors scent blocking techniques/products.

The population has exploded and is expanding so much thatmaybe the deer are accepting are scents and dont spook until that noise or movement that we make gets em running. I think that breaking your outline up and playing the windare the main factors here.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:05 PM

Scentlok is "a tool of the beast!" The corporate BS beast that is.