Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO) >

Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Old 12-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Can't argue with ya there Doc.
Hey, now that I think of it maybe you and I can get together on an underwear product we can call "Let er' rip".
In a business meeting and afraid to squeek one out? Nope, not with our new product. Just LET ER RIP and no one will smell it.
On a first date and had too much cabbage? No problem, you're wearing the new scent stopper let er rip boxer briefs. Just let fly with no worries.

We're rich Doc
Old 12-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

the main issue I would have with that test is they used a dog TRAINED to use whatever scent level he can find and track down the person. A deer does not do this, a deer is not actively searching you out, a deer is more reactive to anything he "happens" to come across.

If the level of scent is lowered enough a deer may still smell it and not really react to it. No way in the world does carbon clothing hide/remove all scent, but it MIGHT lower it enough to bring it under the threshold of the deer really caring.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

If the level of scent is lowered enough a deer may still smell it and not really react to it. No way in the world does carbon clothing hide/remove all scent, but it MIGHT lower it enough to bring it under the threshold of the deer really caring.
I agree 100%. No way we can eliminate human scent, BUT if we can reduce it...even a little bit we are better off than the guys that don't wear it.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cmscat50

I agree 100%. No way we can eliminate human scent, BUT if we can reduce it...even a little bit we are better off than the guys that don't wear it.
You just can't help but wonderhow the indians got by without compound bow's ... carbon arrows ...treestands or carbon scent lock suits.

dd
Old 12-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Seems to be a lot of different opinions on this subject. I have used it and it seems to work for me. To each his own I guess.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:14 PM

[/quote]

You just can't help but wonderhow the indians got by without compound bow's ... carbon arrows ...treestands or carbon scent lock suits.

dd
[/quote]

Amazingaint it!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guys that want to believe in it are the ones that have laid out a bunch of money for it. You can show them 10,000 studies and facts but they will listen to any of it.

A deers nose is compatible with a dogs by the way.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:23 PM

[/quote]

dd
[/quote]

The Indians that lived in my neck of the woodsused a bunch of techniques that were very effective yet not really what we would call sporting. Snares, Pit traps and a type of spotlighting with torches from canoes where among them. Of course they wern't sport hunting they had families to feed and they didn't have short magnums we do today.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

dd

Couldn't agree with that statement more. The hunting industry is brain washing folks into believing that if your equipment isn't 2006/2007, it just plain doesn't work. Out of control!
Old 12-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckkkkkkmasterssssss deer hunting has a nameeeee...

Quick Reply: Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.