HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Q???? WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD FOR HUNTING ....... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/171293-q-what-best-method-hunting.html)

martin murphy 12-21-2006 01:17 PM

Q???? WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD FOR HUNTING .......

what is the best method for hunting blacktail and whitetail deer in this state baiting is illegal so other options will be appreciated.thanks!!!!!!

lethalconnection 12-21-2006 01:46 PM

RE: Q???? WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD FOR HUNTING .......

Well you can scout areas and look for game trails or just find out where they are feeding and bedding down and set a blind or tree stand along the path or you can do the stalk hunt which works as well, also if its during rut try calling them.I mostly do stalk and it works wonders for me but i sometimes also do still hunting watching over a cutline or something but i havent tried stand or blind hunting personally.

ZR 900 12-21-2006 04:10 PM

Most cases a stand or blind. Stalking (***** footing) or driving deer will work as well. Driving them takes more people of course. Chase them with dogs in Canada works too.

whitetailstalker14 12-21-2006 04:19 PM

i use a blind or stand mostly but icombined walking and sitting (walking for a couple of min. and then sitting for a hour or two)this year and got a 10ptr. so im not sure they all work very well

lethalconnection 12-21-2006 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailstalker14

i use a blind or stand mostly but icombined walking and sitting (walking for a couple of min. and then sitting for a hour or two)this year and got a 10ptr. so im not sure they all work very well
Im sorry but where in Canada is it legal to chase deer with dogs?

Predator26 12-21-2006 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

ORIGINAL: whitetailstalker14

i use a blind or stand mostly but i combined walking and sitting (walking for a couple of min. and then sitting for a hour or two) this year and got a 10ptr. so im not sure they all work very well
lol I was wondering the same thing

skeeter 7MM 12-21-2006 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

Ontario its legal to use dogs for deer, moose and bear hunting.

As to the question transition areas from bed to feed. How do you find these areas SCOUT

Baleful Scout 12-22-2006 03:12 AM

Baleful Scouting is the method I use...after that
I always use a combo of glass/sneak/wait/glass
keep thewind in your face if at all possible.

I would like to add that I have learned that it is best to stalk for a shot not the animal, if that makes sense...(only way I can think to say it)

tschaef 12-22-2006 05:13 AM

Ontario its legal to use dogs for deer, moose and bear hunting
Yup, but you have to buy lisences for the dogs.
It can be very exciting sitting on a run and hearing a dog tongueing in your direction. But it can be harmfull also, opening day is always great,after that the guys with dogs are confused because the deer aren't on their 100 acres anymore:(

whitetailstalker14 12-22-2006 12:46 PM

i live in ohio so i have no idea about the laws in canada[8D]