Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Winchester CXP 1-4

Old 12-19-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Winchester CXP 1-4

I have looked everywhere for the past hour for these particular rounds. After a recommendation from my previous post, I have called and searched the websites of these retailers...Cabelas---we dont carry them. Bass Pro---we dont carry them. Sportsmans Guide---we dont carry them. Walmart---we dont carry them. Local gun store---we dont carry them, but we'll order them for a rediculous markup. Are these hard to find rounds...or is it just Georgia? Does anyone know where I can at least order them from the internet?

Old 12-19-2006, 02:53 PM

Default RE: Winchester CXP 1-4

If I cant find the "2" I doubt I can find the "4"s....what in the world?

Old 12-19-2006, 04:03 PM

The Winchester CXP rating is what the bullets are intended to be used for not a specific type of bullet. I use Winchester Ballistic Silvertips out of a 30-06 that have a CXP 2 rating. But i have the same bullets for a 300 Ultra Mag and they have a CXP 3 rating.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

D!ck's sells them here, do you have one in Georgia?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt in IL

D!ck's sells them here, do you have one in Georgia?
Yes. I will have to try them...thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure why you're not finding them. I guess they're just not a popular round in your area. They can be found in VA all over the place. I would also recommend them. I've had some great success with them. I use them in 7.62 x 39 and in 30.06. If you can't find them, I've also become fond of the Federal Hi or Hy shock (sp), they come in a blue/black box.
Good luck,
KP
Old 12-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

cervidslayer, here is a link to basspro's website of the ammo I was referring to inyour other post. The person you spoke to at basspro must not of known enough about ammo to figure out you were talking about these. It's winchester supreme ballistic silvertips in cxp-2. As retak stated cxp-2 is for light skinned animal such as deer and they go up from there to cxp-3 and cxp-4 for larger game such as moose. Hope this helps.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=18121&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=4&hvarSubCode= 3&hvarTarget=browse
Old 12-20-2006, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

cervidslayer, here is a link to basspro's website of the ammo I was referring to inyour other post. The person you spoke to at basspro must not of known enough about ammo to figure out you were talking about these. It's winchester supreme ballistic silvertips in cxp-2. As retak stated cxp-2 is for light skinned animal such as deer and they go up from there to cxp-3 and cxp-4 for larger game such as moose. Hope this helps.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=18121&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=4&hvarSubCode= 3&hvarTarget=browse
Thanks dude. That did help. I'm gonna buy some tomorrow after work to use Friday morning. Since I'm switching ammo in the .270, do you think that I should go to the range first, or trust the bullet to be on the money? I am currently using Winchester's lower line of jacketed soft point, and its puttin about a 2.5" group at 100yds. Since these bullets are supposed to be more accurate, is there a need to re-sight my scope before hunting with the Supreme BT CXP-2s?
I think I should prob go to the range first, but if I don't really need to, I wont.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

You definately go shoot it a couple of times. My 7mm mag was off by over 4 inches when I switched bullets.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:43 AM

I dont see why you wouldnt find any, they are all over up here, bass pro, cabelas, dicks sporting good has em. cant you order those rounds off the internet at like basspro.com or something?

Quick Reply: Winchester CXP 1-4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.