HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Weekend Bucks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/170788-weekend-bucks.html)

CervidSlayer 12-18-2006 09:37 AM

Weekend Bucks

Did anyone bag any bucks this weekend?
Scores?
Pics?
Stories?

I saw two small does. Neither one worthy of a processing.

I hopeya'll had better luck than I did...

Oh yea...Happy Birthday, Sureisaniceskimask!

bhensley 12-18-2006 10:40 AM

RE: Weekend Bucks

Last weekend I went out Saturday morning and only lasted about 2 hourssince there was a big chunk of ice on the left side of my 2 man laderstand that was in the wayand went in. I went back out about 2:00pm and the ice melted enough I could get it off. But now my seat was soaking wet[:@] So about an hour and a half I decided to call it quits. I climb down and as soon as I get to the ground a big doe runs across the drive about 40 yards in front of me into the trees. I had an idea where she was going so I walked about 25 yards or so across the field (she was in the woods to my left) and I expected her to come out infront of me. Not 5 seconds later there she is, walking just in the tree line right in front of me and I had a big tree about 10 feet in front of me so I quietly move to where the tree is between me and the doe.She never saw me, even being I was right in perfect sight in the field and she was just in the tree line about 20 feet in. Trees were far apart so this area you can see perfect through. Anyways, I get possitioned so the tree in the field is between us. I then quietly sneek up to the tree and possition my self up against the tree to shoot off of. About 3 seconds later she is in the scope. One shot from the .270 and she drops in her tracks. Big ol' doe too!

Well there is my most recent story.
Brandon

Pickerel 12-18-2006 10:52 AM

I'm at college right now but on Friday there were some drunks playing poker and being really loud at two in the morning, and by 3:30 I decided they weren't going to cut it out and I threw on my camo and grabbed my camera, flashlight, and TrueTalker to go "hunting." I sat under a big old tree near a heavily traveled trail next to a swamp that I've seen doe bedded down in all the time and by 4:10 or so a buck showed up. I called him in within ten yards, but it was so dark that I could barely see his body. Only know he was a buck because he grunted at me after I made a young buck call on the TrueTalker. That was the first time I've ever seen a buck in the woods, and was very cool! Now I know what buck fever is though! :D Hell when I was getting up to leave after he moved on (without even detecting me!) I snapped a stick and damn near shot up the tree! :D

Sureisaniceskimask 12-18-2006 12:30 PM

Thanks for the birthday wish dude, as you know it was on Saturday and I didn't hunt this weekend....

Man, we should go this Saturday morning. RustyS said he is hunting with his brother on Saturday morning at the pond. We could go to the other property if the stupid moronic hicks don't show up.... :D

dayna0306 12-18-2006 04:36 PM

[/align]i SHOT THIS ONE ON 12/12 AM ON PUPLIC LAND IN iLLINIOS

Rebel Hog 12-18-2006 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

[/align]i SHOT THIS ONE ON 12/12 AM ON PUPLIC LAND IN iLLINIOS

Great Buck! Congrat's

White-tail-deer 12-18-2006 05:07 PM

Nice Buck!! Congrats!!

gamehunter1269 12-18-2006 07:37 PM