Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

snowmobilers

Old 12-17-2006, 04:00 PM

Default snowmobilers

anyone here tired of snowmobilers tresspassing on their hunting property.what can we do about this
Old 12-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: snowmobilers

Assuming you already have up the no tresspassing signs I would find out who they are and contact the police and let them handle it. You don't say if you live on the property, lease it to hunt, or own it but live far away. Youcan alsostring wire across their paths......I'm just kidding. Eventually you'll find out who they are and 1. Either talk to them and make them aware they aren't welcome or 2. Tell them you'll contact the police if they don't stay off your property, then follow through with it. Good Luck
Old 12-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

just let them do it or they will come back instronger forces.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:19 PM

We own a deer camp about9 hours from home. We gave the local snowmobile club permission too put a trail through the corner of our property. They also have permission to go down our access road to get to the lake. Since weve given permission there has been no vandalism to our cabins and no one trespasses too hunt.

When we were in discussions with them about the trail we notified them that if we had problems with trespassing for hunting (from anyone) or vandalism caused to our buildings we would immediately pull permission and block the trail off. They live there, theyuse snowmobiles alot for transportation in winter.. That trail is very convenient foreveryone in the area.The club notified everyone what we had discussed,, we have no problems at all now!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: moosehunter56

anyone here tired of snowmobilers tresspassing on their hunting property.what can we do about this
Informing the police would probably be the right thing to do, if it is posted, or you could string barb wire or better yet constantine wire across trails/paths cover with snow and after a couple hit the strings, they will stop coming on your land.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Thats not even funny. What is wrong with some of you people??

Snowmobiles leave track - not hard to find where they come from. Call the cops or put up a snow fence.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion
or you could string barb wire or better yet constantine wire across trails/paths cover with snow and after a couple hit the strings, they will stop coming on your land.
Snowmobile trails around here are run by local clubs that have permission from all the private landowners that the trails go over. If anyone has the sack to put strings, wire or any other obstacle across a trail, they are looking first at a severe beating and then a very long jail sentence...that is attempted murder if the snowmobiler lives, and first degree murder if the rider is killed...don't be stupid. This pisses me off to no end.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said, I was kidding when I joked about the wire. I had a very good friend killed when he struck a electrical power pole support wire while riding. Do the right thing, post the no tresspassing signs and call the police.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Copper31

Snowmobiles leave track - not hard to find where they come from. Callyour homies, put up an electricalfence and ambush them!
Real funny Copper31! How dare you! Lighten up.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:01 AM

I guess Kenman and Copper31 did not find the twisted humor in what I posted, so I guess I should apologize. I guess you develop a different kind of sense of humor when you work with very criminal, mentally ill and dangerous people.
I guess if we do not look out for drunk, speeding and trespassing snowmobilers then who will?

Quick Reply: snowmobilers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.