Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone not taken a deer this year? >

Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Old 12-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Me, wife and two sons, none have taken a deer, though my younger son missed one during gun season. With NH and its roughly 12-15% success rate, there lots of us.

I've seen a bunch but haven't drawn the bow back yet.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:53 AM

I haven't either. I was really sick all through archery season and only got out two times. It's hard to get a shot at a deer when you can't stop coughing. Rifle season I could have shot a doe or two but chose not to. My 13 yr old son got a button buck so I was happy.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: DeerWhisperer

I too have not taken a deer yet. Well that's not entirely true. Last day of the 1st muzzleloader season my cousin and i were sitting in the same ground blind. 2 does came up and me being on the right side i shot at the deer on the right thinking he would take the 1 on the left.
1 deer falls, The deer on the right falls. I'm thinking i got mine. We walk to the deer and it has 2 bullet holes in it. I asked my cousin which 1 he was shooting at? he says the 1 on the right. Oh well, so technically, i harvested half a deer.
Sorry that you haven't killed a whole deer, DW, but that is a great story!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:29 AM

I've just killed a little button buck this year. The does come out at dark and I let two fawns go who came out in the morning. This is the only year I haven't seen a buck with a sizeable rack.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:36 AM

No your definatly not the only one, I to have not bagged a thing this season! Hopefully I will, I still have some time left!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Host of Hosts

I've been skunked this year for the first time in many years. I let alot of young deer and some does walk. I guess I skunked myself. I decided I wasn't going to kill a doe this year. A buddy of mine scored outWest on an Elk so I have plenty of venison. I had many oppoutunities in both archery and rifle, just no mature bucks. So I passed.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:44 AM

Sureisaniceskimask has not harvested a deer this year, but dangit hes tryin. He has been out 3 times with Rusty_S and I...He saw a small doe with me on top of a farmland bluff, but He decided not to take it because I figured there would be bigger ones coming...but not yet.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:53 AM

You're not alone.

I shot a 105 lb doe opening day for meat, freezer was empty ,
But since then I have been very dissapointed this year. Usually by this time there have been at least 4 racked bucks killed on ourplace and nobody has yet to even see a sizeable buck so far. Maybe January will be more forgiving when the bucks start rutting. One can only hope.
Just be patient my friend, your time along with mine and everyone else in this forum is coming
Old 12-14-2006, 09:03 AM

nothin here yet
Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last night I should have got my first deer of the year, This nice 130" buck was coming out maybe a little bigger than that then all of a suddent it took of running as fast as he could i was very confused???? then i turned and looked and I see someone going for an afternoon walk through the woods i was so PISSSSED OFFFFFFFFF. and still am

Quick Reply: Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.