Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Got a nice 9-pointer this morning***picture >

Got a nice 9-pointer this morning***picture

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got a nice 9-pointer this morning***picture

Old 11-24-2002, 11:39 AM

Default Got a nice 9-pointer this morning***picture

I had planned on hunting a buck this morning that I saw chasing does late Friday afternoon when the dim light had prevented me seeing his rack clearly, but a light trace of a breeze was blowing out of the east, which I knew would hurt those plans. As a result, I went to different stand on my farm, one with corn and clover.
Deer were moving pretty good again today, as we're still in the early stages of rut, with does not being at all receptive.
After seeing 4 does feed in and out of my patch, and 2 young bucks, a spike and 7 pointer which come by chasing the does at different times, I continued to wait, but I knew I was going to have to leave my stand a bit early, by 9AM, as I had to come in town and pick up my daughter from an all-night event at church. Fortunately, about 8:30AM I glanced to my left and saw a nice buck coming across a field and headed towards a single doe that was feeding in the corn. As I was raising my rifle and getting ready to decide if he was a shooter, he took off running with excitement towards the doe. She ran in the woods and I was afraid he was going to follow her. I wished I had my grunt call in hand so I could try to stop him, but did not. Fortunately, he stopped on the edge of the woods in the patch, as I popped him with my Blaser .270.
He weighed 208, had a inside spread of 18 inches, and looks great in the back of my pick up truck!
Here's a picture of him:
Old 11-24-2002, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Got a nice 9-pointer this morning***picture

very nice buck Springhills congrats!!

Hunt for the sport, share the outdoors and most of all be safe and enjoy it......know your
back stop when shooting!!
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/nicholal
Old 11-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Buck!

"We do not inherit our wildlife from our fathers, we only borrow it from our children."
Old 11-24-2002, 07:59 PM

nice buck and a fine lookin rifle

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 11-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats to ya Springhill Farms, a job well done, sounds like you've got a lot of activity there.

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave
Old 11-25-2002, 12:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]