Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Rabbit hunters killed the buck I was hunting? >

Rabbit hunters killed the buck I was hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rabbit hunters killed the buck I was hunting?

Old 01-01-2002, 07:43 AM
Spike

Default Rabbit hunters killed the buck I was hunting?

Can you believe that. They shot him with No. 8 rabbit load. Makes me sick to think of how many deer they wound every year.
On top of that I caught them on my land hunting rabbit! People just dont care do they?
Old 01-01-2002, 07:58 AM

Default RE: Rabbit hunters killed the buck I was hunting?

I had a guy pull up outside of our barn and run down over the hill to the woods.The worst part the moron opened the gate top and bottom [2 diff gates] and parked his truck beside the riding ring and the road,witch blocked off access to our pasture. My brother thought it was someone I know he was so bold.Anyway his truck was still there the next day.Seems the gremlins came out an cut off all 4 valve stems. Police wont waste there time investigating since he was tresspassing and tell them they got lucky it was only 4 25 cent valve stems and not your tires.

I take no prisoners when it comes to tresspassers. I had a horse shot so now im the biggest @$$hole there ever was when I catch them.
Old 01-01-2002, 08:02 AM

I just wish hunters would follow the laws. These guys shouldn't be called hunters!
Old 01-01-2002, 08:22 AM

I have had 2 dogs shot during deer season while they were in my yard. The fellow who lives across the road from my parents once had a hunter stop his car along the road, get out, and shoot a buck that was feeding under an apple tree that stands 15 FEET from the corner of his house.(this person was arrested and prosecuted at least)

A friend of mine shot a 6 or 8 point(forget which now) buck a few years ago that they found over a dozen bb's just under the skin when they took the hide off.

I don't know what goes through some peoples heads sometimes myself.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:52 AM
Spike

Unfortunately, no they don't seem to care anymore. The younger ones seem less educated in hunting and some of the older ones continue their bad habits too. I got shot in the back with a 12 gauge slug opening day this year from a slob hunter. Unless I can find 150 or more acres to hunt where there isn't another hunter around for miles (very unlikely)I'm giving up gun hunting.
Old 01-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Spike

Check out the comments from this Michigan hunter concerning trespassing. Very good and reflects the true mentality of a lot of slob hunters today ... http://www.buckmasters.com/buckmaste...1029Ruins.html
Old 01-01-2002, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Crowpecker,

A good article. I'm starting to get the idea of how he feels. Tresspass on our land is increasing. But I disagree with him on one point. A citation and $100.00 fine would get my attention if I were the tresspasser. I think it would most people. The guy writting the article seems to be hoping for a huge fine to scare people into not tresspassing in the first place. He should have filed the charges if he really wants help, not whine about higher fines now.
Old 01-01-2002, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I liked the valve stem idea.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:11 PM

I read about a guy who arranged with a tow truck company to tow tresspasers, they leave a card where the car was on where to get the towed vehicle, costs like $90 to get it out. I like that better, they have to walk.

--Jim
Old 01-01-2002, 06:38 PM

we had a guy tresspass on our property,he drove into the property making a road throught the underbrush to a small clearing.the next time he came back there was a couple of boards with large spikes in them.
when he returned form hunting he had three flats.he walked out about three miles to a phone and called his buddy to come help.they came with three tires and changed them. after they changed those three,we say them on the side of the road about half way to town with two flats on his buddies truck and all four on his flat.
daaa, you would think they would have look for the nailed boards befor they drove in and out again.
we have never had any more problems with tresspassers.

(NAILS IN A BOARD JUST UNDER THE DIRT WORKS.)

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.

Quick Reply: Rabbit hunters killed the buck I was hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.