Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting pressure

Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default hunting pressure

I hunt on about 180 acres of 5 to 6 year old clear cut and im the only one who hunts it,and the surrounding property has very little to zero hunting pressure on it.So my question is that is just my hunting pressure on that land enough to disrupt the deers paterns and send them nocturnal?I hunt pretty much every weekend sat and sun and a few days through the week.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting pressure

holy crap are you serious.. NO.. try hunting the woods i have to hunt.. we have pry one guy for every 10 acres.. its not a fun time.. its not hunting its more of a pill draw..
Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

I hunt on about 180 acres of 5 to 6 year old clear cut and im the only one who hunts it,and the surrounding property has very little to zero hunting pressure on it.So my question is that is just my hunting pressure on that land enough to disrupt the deers paterns and send them nocturnal?I hunt pretty much every weekend sat and sun and a few days through the week.
Dude...No! I wish that I was the only one hunting property like that.

Your scent MAY play a role in a slight disruption, but if you cover yourself well...I doubt it.
Slay some deer.
How often, and how many deer have you seen there?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Some times when i go out i dont see any and other times i have seen up to 10 at a time in one group.Out laws suck here because we are only allowed 2 bucks during out gun season..I seriously think that we need to thin the doe population out some.I havent been hunting there since the day before thanksgiving when i killed my 10 pt.And our season opens back up this sat.So i dont know how they will be moving in the late season.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:23 AM

We are only allowed 2 bucks also, and one of them has to be a min of 8 points, with a min of 4 on each side at 1" or longer. We are allowed 10 does though. I am in NE Georgia. Where are you hunting, brushbustin?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Im in east tn. Your only allowed 2 bucks for all seasons combined and your allowed 1 deer either sex during muzzle loader and during archery your allowed 2 deer either sex.so if you kill 2 bucks during archery your not allowed to kill any deer duringgun season.It sucks.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah be happy. Here in Pa. you get 1 buck, and you have to send away for a doe tag. So you can get one and one. Dont be greedy.

And to add to this post.. that is one buck for Early bow, Rifle, Late muzzleloader, and late bow.. You get a buck in any of these youre done for the year.. Be happy you can take two.. be happy you even get ONE..
Old 12-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to add that while one guy hunting a property that size wont drive the deer nocturnal it is entirely possible to burn out the spot your hunting if you use it over and over.Instead of going nocturnal theyll simply go around you.I like to stay pretty flexible as to where Im hunting and not use a spot ore then 2 or 3 times in a row.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:45 AM

Only allowed 2 bucks!! are you kidding me.. we get one!(kansas)..either rifle or bow, you can change your mind once you've bought the tag.
to answer your question i completely agree with the points that petasux
and cervidslayer have previously made.
your very lucky to be hunting the spot you have described.
good luck

Old 12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just be sure to have four or more stand sites picked out and hunt the wind accordingly. You shouldn't over pressure the area at all..