HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   holy hamburger meat batman (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/169855-holy-hamburger-meat-batman.html)

silverock 12-12-2006 02:19 PM

holy hamburger meat batman

We pulled up to our main greenfield this afternoon and there are a herd 20+ cows mowing it down to nothing[:@]we have no idea where they are from the nearest farm is at least 4 miles away. Should (if we find out who) the owner of the cows be responsible for the property damage.

Rusty_S 12-12-2006 02:23 PM

RE: holy hamburger meat batman

I would tell him (if the cows are his) to get his cows out of there first. I would survey the property and see just how much damage has been done.

Rusty_S 12-12-2006 02:24 PM

But yes you do have a reason to be angry

skidder 12-12-2006 02:28 PM

would these be considered... wild cattle?...mmmm..... not alot of sport in walking up to it and ramming a spear through them i guesse:eek:... but imaging the steak!:D

Sureisaniceskimask 12-12-2006 02:28 PM

Man that sucks, I'd be pissed. I'm not sure about the legality of it all, but you could always go out there with a truck and rush them off of your property, it's not your problem where they end up... :D

bhensley 12-12-2006 02:29 PM

If you have damage done they should have to pay for it. This happened about 5 years ago to my parents, the neighbors about 1/2 mile down the road had their cattle get out and we found them in my parents yard one day. They had a really big above ground pool and a nice big deck that wrapped around 1/2 the pool, the cows trashed the deck and pool and alot of small trees we planted in the yard, they covered all the damage done. Good luck and hopefully it wasn't too bad.

buckhunter14 12-12-2006 02:31 PM

Sorry to hear, hopefully you can get some payment.

silverock 12-12-2006 02:33 PM

The weird part is our land is bordered on two sides by a river the 3rd side in an interstate highway and the only other way in is down a major powerline. This plot is literally in the middle of 1400 acres. Thinking about going to the local fire work stand and getting a couple of strings of blackcats and machine gunning theme into a stampede.

MACHINIST 12-12-2006 06:57 PM

I would take on for the freezer if the nearest farm is as far as you think.ummmm delmonicos

keyshunter 12-13-2006 04:39 AM

Silverock,
Most farm liability policies cover livestock damage to others' property.
If you do not know the owner, you should contact the police and ask that they assist. If you do something that causes the livestock to do damage or injury to another party (an auto accident, for example) you will be added to the liability chain. That is not a good position for you to be in, since you are probably not covered by insurance.