Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how does walmart do it!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:47 PM

Default RE: how does walmart do it!

ORIGINAL: lowtempguru

I would love to hear what model honeywell T-stat comes with a 5 yr warranty
Vision Pro
http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consum...hermostats.htm
Old 12-12-2006, 06:52 PM

Default RE: how does Wilmar do it!

OK, nobody's perfect, and I have my problems with Wal-Mart too. I get a little irritated about their corporate culture that allows rampant use of eminent domain to acquire locations. Wal-Mart has been under attack, though, not because of its eminent domain policies, but because it's been doing such a good job in the free marketplace.

Unions hate Wal-Mart, of course, because the Wal-Mart workforce isn't unionized. The people who work at Wal-Mart actually believe that they're working for Wal-Mart. They aren't operating under an allusion that they're working for a union! Since this is an intolerable situation for the unions, Wal-Mart must be demonized!

Other retailers aren't happy with Wal-Mart either. Wal-Mart is a clear low-price leader. For other businesses to compete they have to either offer higher levels of service, better merchandise or lower prices, all of which would affect the bottom line. So, if you can't compete --- demonize. Hop on the union bandwagon and participate in the demonization of Wal-Mart.

These businesses know that if they can do anything to force Wal-Mart to increase its prices, like accepting an unionized workforce or adopting expanded worker benefits, it will help to level the competitive playing field.

Recently a "documentary" was released by Wal-Mart opponents which purported to show the negative impact that Wal-Mart is supposedly having on our country. The documentary was full of distortions and lies. In one particular instance a Northeast hardware was shown. The owner was shutting down, and the blame was placed squarely on the new Wal-Mart in town. The trouble here was that the hardware store was in the process of closing long before the arrival of Wal-Mart and the owner of that store has admitted that Wal-Mart had nothing to do with the closing. In other words, the opponents of Wal-Mart lied to get their point across. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

So .. has the campaign of demonization been working? It would seem so. A survey done by some anti-Wal-Mart group known as WakeUpWalMart.com has found that 56% of Americans say that Wal-Mart is bad for America. Amazing, because it's simply not true.

If the unions and Wal-Mart competitors succeed in forcing Wal-Mart to increase its operating costs it will constitute a wage cut for every single American who relies on Wal-Mart for huge savings on the items they need in their daily lives.Maybe these people should be careful what they ask for because they just might get it, and when they do you'll hear them crying from all directions....
Ok here we go. Yeah Walmart is a non-union shop. Unions are good for America. Without we would have no wages, no benefits and we would be working for no overtime and longer hours. Walmart might pay higher then minimum wage but is by large part to keep there people from unionizing. Guess what, Walmart still pays and treats their employee like crap.

FYI Walmart fired a employee for giving her employee dicount to a Volunteer Fire department who were buying toys for Christmas. Give to needy Children. and this from a store that says they support there local city. Wow keep buying at walmart and save yourself some money, then live with yourself.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, but I will buy from a reputable dealer where I can handle my guns. Customer service is worth something. Also, if you can't beat Wal Mart's price, you are either not looking hard enough or not dealing well enough. I did look there for both 22's but went elsewhere.

I have looked at some of their Rem 700's up close and while I couldn't prove it, something just looked different. It was like the bolt was rougher, or the machining was rougher, or something compared to the same gun in a gun store. I will probably never convince you, but if I were going to buy from WalMart, I would inspect the gun in as much detail as they would allow and compare to a regular gun store. I would also ask a gun store to match the price.

Ask the WalMart guy which ammo shoots well in that gun. . . "um (duh). . .I think the ammo in that caliber would shoot the best." I really got that answer once.

Now if I could find an 11-87 for $150, I would buy it.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:05 PM

Now that is funny! Next your going to say NAFTA would have still happened without UNIONS.
Tell that to Michigan. Thousands of people without skills making a ton of money. Well the unions killed the US car truck market. Imagine the price of your new Ford truck without the union, now wouldn't that be nice.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

Overpaid American Workers sold out American Industry. I worded for a manufacturing company and the 1st things I was taught was what I could get away with . I couldn't sweep the filthy floor because it was someone else's job . I was ready to quit the 1st week I worked there as I was so bored and wasn't allowed to work out of my classification . I quit that worthless Union after 6 years as it never helped me . It was too busy saving the jobs of the drunks , lazy workers and folks with bad A&L's .
Got into management and started working on a College Degree . Supervised for several years and hated it . Lazy folks always tried to take advantage of my kind nature . People wanted a paycheck but didn't want to work for it . Some alledged workers found that if they did certain things , they could create overtime . This drives up costs . 10 years ago , a guy driving a fork lift truck was making almost $20 per hour and felt he was underpaid . A company can't and won't survive this kind of business .
The American worker is driving away business and causing companies to look elsewhere to manufacture products !
Bingo!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:44 PM

Walmart is the largest retailer in the world period. When you are at the top you areatarget for the good, bad, and made up media bullcrapuntil someone else takes the top. As for shopping there and supporting China, I don't give a crap...this world will eat you alive see my signature qoute below. If one day China starts to invade I will (with all my saved money from shopping at walmart) buy a way to move my family to anothercountry of my choice and find another "low price leader store" to shop at and again start banking some cash for my family and me. I love to help people, however you must be a survivor; being a hunting forum you would think everyone would know this. If the great US of A falls due to Walmart then it does, there will be nothing one person or family can do, thats why we elect leaders to handle these situations before they get out of hand. As for me I will lead my family to survive and save money no matter where we live or under any conditions. I will always shop where I get more for my hard earned dollar, and if you people do not then you must have money to burn. I HAVE AN IDEA, all you people putting blame on walmart put your money where your mouth is...to help alleviate the US debt just don't cash your tax returns and let the good old USA keep the money and that will directly help the debt or just donate money directly to the US deficit that would be a big help. As for me I will always shop at Walmart (China army funding store). BTW if those people where not working for Walmart in China they would probably be poor, sick, anddying, so pick your poison if you live in China...Walmart helps the US and whom ever it buys from and I really do not mind I have bigger fish to fry, My family and I will survive. Good luck boycotting them but I have a feeling it will not matter. Also if Walmart is such a crappy employer or company to work forwhy do they have people knocking down the doors to work there? All hail Walmart! Long live the low price leader!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:48 PM

Tell that to the firefighters and cops that protect your lives and property. We are a bunch of*Deleted* til the people need us. WE were nothing but it took 343 to die to get respect for our occupations. Frankly don't stereotype the unions for being lazy. Majority of us are not.

Walmart doesn't respect there own employees how could they respect the customers. You get what you pay for.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 PM

I am a volunteer Fire Fighter and LOVE walmart. Not to fond of cops thoughmost think they are ABOVE the law. I am also a Federal Law Enforcement Officer with the U.S. Coast Guard. You choose your job so don't cry when people don't respect you. Its just a job, just like walmart.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:59 PM

Respect is EARNED not given freely because of what job you hold.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:00 PM

I chose my profession. So did you. All I said was don't steroetype a group of people because they are union. Majority of us are not lazy and never will be. Thanks for thinking so clearly on the subject

Quick Reply: how does walmart do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.