Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I think I did the right thing. >

I think I did the right thing.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I think I did the right thing.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:15 AM

Default RE: I think I did the right thing.

You did the right thing. If you are not sure of the shot then don't take it. I have never done that with a rifle, but I have done that with a bow. Had a doe about 10 yards from me and I decided not to shoot because of low light. I figured that tomorrow is another day.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:55 AM

I appreciate the support I'm getting! The doe is still hanging around. I've seen tracks and she's (and hopefully her date)eating the corn I put out.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:34 AM
BKA

Like all of the others have said you did do the right and proper thing. I have this little saying that has been used by the snipers in the us military for a long long long time.... "One Shot... One Kill". If I do not feel that I can make that one shot count I will not take it. It's a simple respect for the game you are taking make it your life duty to do the absolute best to harvest any of the animals that you choose to take it with the best, quickest way you can. Respect the animals and do your best to make the right decisions. You might decide to pass on a deer and then later beat yourself up over it but no matter what someone else thinks keep the pride of ethics and respect for the animals you will be a better person for it!