Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I think I did the right thing. >

I think I did the right thing.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I think I did the right thing.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Spike

Default RE: I think I did the right thing.

Good job and great ethics! Your patience will pay off and your enjoyment of the hunt will be a much better experience.[:@]
Old 12-10-2006, 02:23 PM

My schedule is pretty good, I can hunt almost everyday. I manged to get my college classes in the morning and the rest online so I could hunt this year
Old 12-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Spike

here in maine you can hunt half hour after sunset but you cant hunt on sunday[:@]
Old 12-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kel you don't need anyone else's opinion as to whether you did the "right thing" in this situation you describe. Plain and simple.

If you are not comfortable with any shot and you decide not to take it, it is your decision and your's alone, for whatever reason or reasons you use to make your decision..

Now that you know that certain people are going to give you flak over things like this you have learned something. Simply don't share information such as this in the future.

I don't know how old you are. I sense you are still a little young. But regardless I admire you for having the good sense to stick to your gut feeling. Don't let other people's choices affect yours.

You can throw the hunting out the window on this one. You have the good sense (feeling) and by listening tothese feelings will lead you in the right direction in many aspects of life.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:31 PM

Thank you Uncle Matt!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

You absolutely did the right thing, and that's regardless of whatever anyone else with weaker ethics has to say about it. You have a good heart and are a fair hunter, the kindwe need to see more of.

My past two hunts have ended with a half dozen or more does stepping into my field of fire about 30 seconds before the end of shooting light. I cranked the scope up, scanned every deer I couldtrying to make head from tail, and kept going until the very last second. Ihad an almost sick feeling in my stomach from a lack of confidence in the shot, and I really was not in the mood to wound adeer and spend half the night pushing it deeper into the woods as I tracked after it with a dinky flashlight.

Sometimes, like Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 12-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

You absolutely did the right thing. Case in point is the ehtical choice of doing the right thing even when no one is looking! This is what we, as ethical sportsmen, expect others to do to further the positive attitudes and aspects of what we do, how we are, as a direct example because of how we act.
Two weeks ago while on a specific doe/spike hunt, close to near dark I watched 4 'deer' feed and make their way to my stand. By the time they were within shooting range, it was so dark I couldn't tell which were yearling does to older does......ultimately they all walked.........
Ethics----its doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

You were not comfortable with the shot and you did the right thing. Don't listen to anybody but that voice in your head. It's there tohelp you make tough calls. Good job on showing restraint.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:12 PM

sounds too me like you did the right thing
Old 12-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Probably don't need to say it but...you did the right thing.

Quick Reply: I think I did the right thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.