Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Deer Season Over (Where I Live) >

Deer Season Over (Where I Live)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Season Over (Where I Live)

Old 12-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Spike

Default Deer Season Over (Where I Live)

Now it time for the Spring Gobbler!! I cant wait I love Turkey Hunting more than Deer Hunting, so i cant not wait for spring!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Season Over (Where I Live)

Ya lol im already getting my spring turkey stuff ready and hopefully i'll get atag this year. Last spring i shot my first gobbler so hopefully this year i'll shoot another if i get a tag. Good luck turkey hunting!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

you see thats one thing i dont understand how you can you like turkey hunting more than deer hunting? me no comprehendo?
Old 12-09-2006, 04:03 PM

yea rifle season just ended here, i actually just got in from the woods. but its ok muzzleloader starts day after xmas. hahahaha thats my fav.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey hunting is the awsome but not as good as deer hunting! Oh and if you guys like deer hunting as much as me than why don't you bowhunt!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:15 PM

One day of the muzzy season,something comes out tomorrow it's gettin it!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I completely understand how you can like turkey hunting as much or better than deer hunting, I'm a turkey man myself. Nothin' like a cool foggy spring morning down here in Alabama. Hearing gobblers sound off at sunrise is one of the greatest sounds on earth. Butwhat I don't understand is whythe deer seasons are so short up north? When do most northern states' seasons come in? How long do they last? Our season is just gettin kicked in high gear down here. I know they go into rut a lot sooner up north but why not allow hunters to hunt a little longer? Just wondering.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you've ever turkey hunted on a foggy spring morning you would find out why we love it so much. i love listening to them come off the roost and then gobbling over the distance. Although i dont like it TO much more than deer hunting. The one thing i don't like is Fall turkey hunting. Not as fun.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah fall turkey hunting is too easy, set up between food and roost tree, wait,BAM, dead turkey. Spring huntin IS actually hunting to me, there's nothing in the world like spring turkey huntin.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Deer season is coming close to an end with about 3-4 weeks left. Ducks are now in so that will satisfy me through Jan. thenI'm after BLACK BIRDS!!!! Yea call me crazy but no better way to keep up with shooting skills for doves year round than shooting grackles and starlings!The only time I don't"hunt" black birds is the 3 weeks when the gobblers are full game! Love some turkey hunting!

Back tothe black birds, my buddyandI used to go to the river bottoms andshoot black birds all the time (farmers I think love us for that). He showed me 2 years ago how to get them to come in like ducks.He made 150-200 black bird decoys from cardboard, black spraypaint, and wire formini-stakes. They work like a charm and make for someextra fun when there isn't anything else in season. And no we don't eat them, we leave for the coyotes, racoons, etc. Just kill'em for fun cuz they sh*t everywhere and are annoying. Try it some time!Take10 minsto makea few decoys, and 2 mins to set'em up, believe me pretty cool when you get a couple hundred birds flocking into the decoys.

Quick Reply: Deer Season Over (Where I Live)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.