Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license??? >

Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Old 12-10-2006, 05:55 PM

Default RE: Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

I already have a TC Omega and I love it! But the Omega will not do much for waterfowl hunting, especially duck.

For deer hunting how much powder and what bullets do you use? I have been shooting 250gr Thompson shockwave with 150 of powder.

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Not to change the subject, but I would look into getting an in-line muzzle loader.

You stated no permit is needed for them.

An in-line would be alot more accurate than a slug gun, once you found an accurate load. They also have less recoil. They also can reach out a little farther.

To be honest, if I were in your shoes, I'd be hunting with my TC Omega and not worrying about that permit.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:57 PM

Default RE: Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Yeah, I know a ton of red tape anti-gun crap here in the city. I am sure some of it is for the good but too much IMO. I go hunting in Vermont a lot and you only need a VT drivers license to get a gun and they do a background check.

ORIGINAL: ButchA

I would move. (Honest, I already have! So did my sister, brother-in-law, and countless friends I know).

Contrast, I'm not saying nothing bad or anything stupid. But trust me man.... GET OUT OF NYC!!!
Get out while the gettin' is good!

I grew up a little upstate from you (I'm originally from Poughkeepsie), and haven't been "home" in years and years. My sister and brother-in-law saw the writing on the wall too and got out. They took an early retirement/buyout from IBM and left NY and moved down here to Virginia.

Virginia (and a bunch of other states) have fantastic gun laws. You want a shotgun? Cool... no big deal. No ridiculous "anti-gun red tape" and junk like that. Sure, they do the background check, but, you can pretty much do whatever you want and own as many as you want. Want to buy a handgun? Again, it's no big deal down here.

Butch A.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shooting 100grns of loose American Pioneer Powder in FFG I shoot 240grn. XTP's.

I shoot the Shockwaves too.

That APP powder sure burns clean compared to 777.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

What a crock of S***. What the Hell is the matter with you people in the North East???? You vote and elect liberal politicians. They take away your rights to self defense and you ALLOW it. Then you ask permission to have a gun????? When will you guys man up and take back your little country from the whimps? Even the Republicans in that area would be considered left wingers in my home state. In Texas we don't ask permission to bear arms. Not bragging not trying toknock your state, just asking a simple question, What is wrong with you people??? Flee South before they start breast feeding you.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woody, here's a newsflash for you, it's called DEMOCRACY! The majority rules. There are more of them then there are of us.

You are right about one thing. If you don't like it, leave. I'll be heading out as soon as my wife will let me. ;?)
Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 AM

I would just tell the truth. I think you have a good chance of getting your license. They will probably overlook that BB gun shooting incident since you were not convicted or anything. Good luck!