Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Vermont 8pt.....pictures finally.....this could be his pappa (page 3)

Old 12-09-2006, 07:01 AM

Default Vermont 8pt.....pictures finally.....this could be his pappa (page 3)

Finally got the pics in......shot this guy on Nov. 19......love when people say there are no deer in Vermont

Headed out to my "spot" first thing saturday morning. Set out a couple scent wicks and found a nice blow down to sit against. The woods have dried out enough to make stalking conditions horrible. Just walking down my trail I was sounding like a freakin moose!

Just over an hour later I caught some movement to the side of me. About 60yds out a 4ptr made his way across the ridge up wind of my scent. I watched him for a bit contemplating taking him or not. I knew there was a 7ptr in the area, so I decided to let him pass......also my first morning in the woods. It's a short enough season!!

Next morning I headed to the same spot......went through the motions and hunkered down. About 9 o'clock i was tightening up and started to stretch....a doe was approaching from the side and caught my profile. She started trotting away from me and stopped. I looked around to see if she was alone......and decided to have a lil fun with her. Started to work a beat and tending grunt with her. She was lookin all around.....big satalite ears spinning all directions. About 10 minutes later start planning my approach accross the ridge. As I'm about to get up i glimps movement to my side again. I look up and see a nice rack following her same path.

He was quartering away at too great an angle for a good shot, and I wasn't about to attempt the behind the head shot . When he entered a clear lane I gave a good loud bleat with my mouth.....enough to get him to step and look back. My husquavarna piled him up against the tree as I jumped off the ground doing the deer dance .

Great drag.....about a mile in, all down hill . My wife hit a spikehorn with my car the night before.......so instead of putting him on the hatchback (such a great site!!) he went in back of the family van....haha. Guess I'll be gettin my wife a new air freshener!

My digital camera chit the bed so had to pull out the disposable. Will post those as soon as they get in.

.......145lbs 8ptr 14" spread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:08 AM

Default RE: Vermont 8pt.....pictures finally

very nice looking deer bro, congrats
Old 12-09-2006, 07:14 AM

nice to see the kids loving it hopefully theyll get into hunting too
Old 12-09-2006, 08:11 AM

Nice deer! It's great to see the kids so tickled about it. Hopefully they'll want to hunt too.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:50 AM

Good Job lil' bro nice pics, looks like Cyrus is ready for next season.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:05 AM

very nice!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 AM

YA..........the boys are 5 & 7 and totally itchin' to get out there. I don't think that there are any age restrictions in Vermont, but still gonna give them a couple years yet.

Cant wait though.........gonna be a great experience!
Old 12-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Spike

WryFly, What part of vermont did you harvest this 8 ptr?
and Congrats.. Nice looking deer there !
Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 PM

that's a baby compared to the moose you shot in Maine!! Are you from Maine or Vermont? Nice deer.. congrats

and what do you mean about husquvarna?

Quick Reply: Vermont 8pt.....pictures finally.....this could be his pappa (page 3)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.