Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What's the best No Hunting Sign? >

What's the best No Hunting Sign?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's the best No Hunting Sign?

Old 01-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's the best No Hunting Sign?

I use disc blades or cultivater blades painted in red or orange with no hunting on some and no trespassing on others. Buy stencil at store and tape together my message and paint it on with black or white paint. Bolt them to trees fence post ect. ect..
Old 01-14-2002, 10:30 PM

<font color=orange>A 10 gauge side by side, with one barrel on each side of the trespasser's nose!!!</font id=orange><font face='Impact'></font id='Impact'><font size=6></font id=size6>

Edited by - wingnut on 01/14/2002 23:32:34
Old 01-15-2002, 06:24 AM
Spike

We have posted signs, but i want to make a sign just for the jurks around here.

IF YOU GET CAUGHT ON THIS PROPERTY,THE WIFE IS ARMED AND DANGEROUS!
or
DANGER!!! WIFE WILL SHOOT ON SIGHT OF TRESSPASSERS!

Old 01-15-2002, 06:52 AM

Just a thought, how about posting your version of a no hunting sign, then place one of those gametrail cameras in a hopefully in conspicous place, and take photos of who is doing the trespassing, hand them over to the local law enforcement authorities...I thought of this as I was reading through the various replies. Obviously, if the trespasser saw the camera they would take it, but it might work.

Nate
Old 01-15-2002, 07:13 AM
New Sheriff

Take this sign, laminate it, and post them just before hunting season. Be sure and take them down afterwards or the tresspassers will start to ignore them
Old 01-15-2002, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

4 pt has the best choice
Old 01-15-2002, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw one that caught my eye :NO TRESSPASSING POLICE TRAINING GROUNDS:
Old 01-15-2002, 10:59 AM

...what we do now if we find a truck parked on out land is have that car towed...a local guy up where we hunt has a towing business and is happy to help out..we let him bowhunt our land and he keeps a pretty close watch on it when we arn't there...we also have signs that read &quot;no hunting or tresspassing, owners vehicle will be towed at owners expence&quot; we have had 4 cars towed in the last few years and they have yet to come back.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

4 pt- I love it-my printer has just started up. My father-in-law has No hunting without written permission (even I have a card) but seems he has some neighbors that think it's okay cause they know him-you all know how that goes..

always thankful
Old 01-15-2002, 11:41 AM

On our property we use Quality Deer Management signs that say &quot;No trespassing without permission.&quot; We like everyone to know that we restrain from shooting small bucks in hopes that others will follow, along with letting them know where our borders are. We have a few Cam-trakkers on our land and did get pics of one guy trespassing. He was fall turkey hunting but had his deer hunting back tag on. A quick run of the number showed it was some mutant who lived about a mile away from our land. The next week I visited with him and asked if he had been hunting our property. Of course he said he had not been. I then advised him that I didn't want to cause him any trouble and I COULD call the sheriff who would issue a ticket. He still denied it until I showed him the picture. He then became very quiet. I told him that we would prefer that he stay off the land during deer season. I maintained a very friendly disposition with him. Although he didn't have to much to say. Keep in mind, if you don't live on your land, you will eventually have trespassers. When you catch them, it's best to be nice, so they don't trash your cabin, stands, and everything else while you are gone. I know it's frustrating but doing the opposite will most likely do more harm than good.

Let 'Em Go, Let 'Em Grow

Quick Reply: What's the best No Hunting Sign?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.