Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tough decision as a land owner..... >

Tough decision as a land owner.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tough decision as a land owner.....

Old 12-09-2006, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tough decision as a land owner.....

Kick em off and forget you ever met them.It can be that simple,you were good to them and they crapped in your shoe.They will do it every chance they get,they will just get sneekier at it.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

I can't imagine had he left it just to my father or even to me thatwe would say that the others must now follow our rules or leave and I know had my uncle inherited it all he would never say anything like that.

Where I come from familymeans a lot and those relationships should be protected and supported (even if it means everyone swallowingtheir pride and trying to hash outthe differences). I could never imaginejust throwing away"forever" relationships with family over something as petty as the things you mentioned.
NEW,
Before you shoot off at the mouth about how much I respect my family, I'll have you know that that side of the family doesn't come around much. Not holidays, not parties, just deer season. The rest of the family is there, it is their choice not to show up. Secondly, my pap never hunted all but maybe once or twice his entire life so he could really care less about who was hunting his property. Thirdly I got that farm because out of everyone, who do you think it was that was there everyday to help him feed the cows?? bale hay?? mow the fields?? fix buildings?? I inherited the farm because I was there to help whether i liked it or not, and i DESERVED it. While the rest of the family was home watching the Steelers play football and having a picnic, I was at the farm on a tractor. So I suggest you shut your face and watch what the hell you say before it comes out of your mouth.

No need for any replies guys. Thanks for your support. I consider this topic closed, what's done is done. They made a big mistake by telling me off like they did, and unfortunately I can't change that. I would never do such a thing to a member of my family.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

situation definately sucks and hope it works out for you
Old 12-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure you've heard the old saying "you can pick your friends but you're stuck with your family".
Old 12-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had the same problems with my in-laws banned them off the properity
no problems since,wife,s talking to me again we are making it into a
hunting club that will take care of the problem for good!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:52 PM

Being family does not make one immune to following the rules. He's the landowner, he calls the shots, period. They broke the rules, they face consequences. I don't know how simple it possibly be. If they really respected the guy, they woulda followed his wishes. But they were greedy and inconsiderate.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

jhalfhill,I didn't read this entire thread, the first page then a little here and there.
[/align]I would have no problem telling a family member to get lost........I've done it. Family members are just like any other group of people in your life. Some are good and some are bad. Some would bend over backwards to follow your wishes. Other's think because they're family that they can do whatever they want. [/align][/align]I doubt you'll know if they shoot anymore deer that you don't want them to shoot if they know your friend told you. They're probably not going to have him cut up their deer anymore. Why would they, they'll get caught! [/align][/align]I'd send them packing especially since they only seem to come around during hunting season![/align]
Old 12-10-2006, 12:16 PM

they obviously did that knowing that you would be displeased, thats why you found out what they shot from somebody else and not them. they may be taking advantage of you if you are a younger guy. family or not, you need to be the man and do what you know to be right for the future of your property. just my opinion.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Two years ago my grandfather passed away and left me the family farm.
Your land , your call , they should've followed the rules . Kick them off for this year but tell them they can ask again next year when they're more ready to respect your wishes . If they don't like it tell them they either accept that or find somewhere else to hunt .
Old 12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's times like this that you find out who your friends are. If they really valued and respected you as a family member and friend, they wouldn't need a second chance. They would have followed the rules the first time. Their loss, not yours.

Quick Reply: Tough decision as a land owner.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.