Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tough decision as a land owner..... >

Tough decision as a land owner.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tough decision as a land owner.....

Old 12-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tough decision as a land owner.....

Nah if they disrespect you like that tell em how it is and if they dont respect it, SEE YA. Just like parents are with kids.. if you dont follow the rules then youre done. If they dont want to follow your rules tell them to go elsewhere.. you stated what you wanted loud and clear.. and to kill FOUR DEER is absurd.. let them know and if it happens again.. PEACE OUT UNCLE HUNT ELSEWHERE.. thats BS i would be so pissed...
Old 12-08-2006, 01:36 AM

They should of done as u wished because they told u they would. I also dont like it when people break the lawbecause it could come back on you. Im big on people keeping their word. I do have too agree with alot of the others on this message board about your hunting philosphy, I dont like it. Do i respect it, sure, its your place, u do what u want. But posting on a message forum and then telling people too stay off your posts if there opinion is diffrent then yours, is garbage. Posting isnt just for people too responde telling u what u want too hear. Sometimes peoples opinions will be diffrent and u should respect theirs as they respect yours.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you have handled it well. Please post the final outcome. I, for one, would be interested in how it turns out.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:10 AM

I fill for you J .I know your farm and it is not big enough to be taking any buttons off it,and the doe count is to low around here to be taking them.I would rather make good use of a fresh road kill then take another doe out of fayette co.Some hunters can't help them selfs and know nothing about managment.You are right ,play by the rules or play somewhere else.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:16 AM

I suppose its diffrent elsewhere but we have always been told here in mn, u cant have a good deer population without shooting does. Maybe thats only if the herd size is good, I dont know.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if this got touched on earlier, but are they feeding the family with this meat? I would have zero problem with it if they NEEDED the meat, but if they were just killing deer to keep from eating tag soup....I'd show them the door. I recently bought ground, my uncle my dad and I are the only ones who hunt it. I am trying to be selective, but I know its a lost cause with them. I would never kick them off the ground though....deer season is a 3 month a year deal...family is 24/7 for life...JMHO.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

The key for me is that it is YOUR land. You let them hunt to be nice and they aren't following the rules. I would tell them they have one more chance and then they are done. Good Luck
Old 12-08-2006, 07:50 AM

Would you invite them back to your house to visit if they stole from you? To me this is similar in some ways;you did not want them to take the game and they were breaking the law by taking too many! If it were me I may give them one more chance, but i would set the record straight that if they did not follow the rules it would mean the end of them hunting forever on my place. It is all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:01 AM

well they just made the decision realy easy for me. after leaving that mature voice mail last night letting them know that i was not happy, i woke up to three text messages this morning that called me everything but a white boy and that they didn't NEED to hunt my farm anymore. talk about an easy decision. i called my dad back home and told him to keep an eye on the place, and if they are up there to call me and the state police will handle this situation. i cant believe the disrespect out of some people, all so they can get their hands into a gut pile. unbelievable
Old 12-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear it ended like that...

Quick Reply: Tough decision as a land owner.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.